Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring RMI Swing multi user context

Hi !
    I have a swing based client witch communicate with the server that I made by spring RMI, it's working greattly, but I can't use this application in a multi client envirennement (multiple clients interracts with the same server), I was reading the spring doc, I bought some ebooks from internet, but no one gives a concret solution, I informe you that I used iBatis as an ORM, and all my java beans implements the Serializable interface, and all my DAO methods are synchronized,

so can some body help me to make a multi threaded server ?
    what about mutex/semaphor ?? it can help ??

thax from advance !

best regards !!

Can you switch...

.. To Hessian or Spring RPC? Those work GREAT in a multi user environment. I have to admit that i never have tried RMI with Spring. I have not used it a long time. I remember learning to use it via the old Servlet book. That shows how to do multiple users. But that is pretty low level code.

Comment

Hi, and thank you mnutty for your anwser !

I wanna to tell you that RMI is just a support for exchanging datas between the Swing client and the server.

My problem is in the server side, and is about the case when mutilples users updates or deletes the same record in the database, I'm asking how can I do it ?

and if the versioning, optimistic lock, mutex/semaphor (that I have no idea about their implementations) can help me into the concurrent access scenario ?

best regards !

Comment

Working...
      X