Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burlap communication XMLs

Hi folks.

Is there some way to see communication XMLs in logs when using Burlap as remoting protocol ?
    BTW, it seems that Burlap is far from ideal remoting strategy. I just exposed my first interface through it, and it seems that it needs improvement in bunch of places ...
    It got confused when I sent Collections.EMPTY_LIST value as method argument (List), it got confused when I had 2 methods in interface with same names, but different arguments, etc...

-Vjeran

Not really an answer to your question, but relative to the observation in your post....

When adding Java Web Start and Acegi Security integration to the Petclinic RCP application I found the need to seriously reduce the complexity of objects passed around by the Caucho protocols. I would take a look at alternative remoting protocols personally, such as org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker or (in the Spring RCP sandbox) org.springframework.remoting.simple.

Comment

It got confused when I sent Collections.EMPTY_LIST value as method argument (List), it got confused when I had 2 methods in interface with same names, but different arguments, etc..
      I cannot say I find Burlap's serilization that good either (I prefer the JDK serialization), but the problems you mentionned can be solved.

For the Collections.EMPTY_LIST, the lastest version of Burlap/Hessian will fall back on ArrayList if the newInstance() call on the list concrete class fails. I'm not completely sure when this got fixed, but Burlap/Hessian's behavior on lists changed frequently in the 2.x releases, and changed again from the 2.x to 3.x releases if I recall correctly. The main problem on the 3.x list behavior is for implementations such as Hibernate's, where the list can be successfully created, but the add(Object) method will fail because it asks for a session.

Concerning the method overloading issue, there's an overloadEnabled property on the factory that can be set to true so that mangling is used when sending the method names.

For the XML logs, I don't think it's possible unless using an external TCP proxy that dump the text it receives before sending it to the real client/server.

Guillaume

Comment

Originally posted by gpoirier View Post
        I cannot say I find Burlap's serilization that good either (I prefer the JDK serialization), but the problems you mentionned can be solved.

For the Collections.EMPTY_LIST, the lastest version of Burlap/Hessian will fall back on ArrayList if the newInstance() call on the list concrete class fails. I'm not completely sure when this got fixed, but Burlap/Hessian's behavior on lists changed frequently in the 2.x releases, and changed again from the 2.x to 3.x releases if I recall correctly. The main problem on the 3.x list behavior is for implementations such as Hibernate's, where the list can be successfully created, but the add(Object) method will fail because it asks for a session.

Concerning the method overloading issue, there's an overloadEnabled property on the factory that can be set to true so that mangling is used when sending the method names.

For the XML logs, I don't think it's possible unless using an external TCP proxy that dump the text it receives before sending it to the real client/server.

Guillaume
        Hey guys, I am a programming novice, I have to learn programming is not very good, join the forum after I learned a lot, thank you share things, helped me a lot, thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X