Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Spring RMI support HTTP tunneling through Weblogic?

I successfully tested an RMI invocation through Spring on a weblogic server, like this:
    Code:
    <bean id="roleService" class="org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean">
        <property name="serviceUrl" value="rmi&#58;//someHost&#58;1099/RoleService"/>
        <property name="serviceInterface" value="com.foo.service.role.RoleService"/>
      </bean>

Next, I'm wondering if it's possible to do RMI over HTTP with Spring on both server and client. Looking at some old weblogic documentation online, they state you can just change the rmi: to be http:, and weblogic will route the request over HTTP. I tried that out of curiosity by simply editing the serviceUrl property, but got the following MalformedUrlException:
    Code:
    ava.net.MalformedURLException&#58; invalid URL scheme&#58; http&#58;//PCSHPQL0050537/RoleService
    	at java.rmi.Naming.parseURL&#40;Ljava.lang.String;&#41;Ljava.rmi.Naming$ParsedNamingURL;&#40;Naming.java&#58;233&#41;
    	at java.rmi.Naming.lookup&#40;Ljava.lang.String;&#41;Ljava.rmi.Remote;&#40;Naming.java&#58;79&#41;
    	at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientInterceptor.lookupStub&#40;&#41;Ljava.rmi.Remote;&#40;RmiClientInterceptor.java&#58;156&#41;
    Before I trudge further down that path, does anyone know if it's possible and easy enough to enable RMI over HTTP using Spring and weblogic?

p.s. I know there are other easier options for communication over HTTP, but I'm forced to evaluate RMI for my current problem.

Thanks,
    Dan

Dan,

I'm passing this onto some contacts at BEA. We were discussing Spring remoting on WebLogic only a few days ago.

Rgds
    Rod

Comment

Same question/request for T3://

BTW - The same question/problem goes for being able to use t3://somehost:someport/someService. If that's available, then I can access an RMI service in our environment without opening additional firewall holes (I think).

Comment

Any word on this, now that there's an official partnership?

Especially now that BEA and Spring are official friends, does anyone know the latest status of this? It'd be nice if Spring hooked into the RMI Server that is started by Weblogic instead of creating its own. For example, instead of specifying RmiProxyFactoryBean, refer to a WeblogicRmiProxyFactoryBean.?

Comment

url suppose to start with "rmi" otherwise java will not recognize it. Anything else except rmi is illegal protocol for it.

Comment

Spring RMI - WEBLOGIC Integration possible

Hi,

Is this feature Spring RMI - WEBLOGIC Integration available completely now ??.

Comment

I would be also interested in Spring RMI - Weblogic integration.
              Any weblogic specific RmiProxyFactoryBean in the future?

Cheers,
              Zoltan

Comment

Working...
              X