Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Retrieve WebApplicationContext on remote service (Http Invoker) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve WebApplicationContext on remote service (Http Invoker)

Hi.

I use Spring 2.0.x and I have a question about Springís http Invoker. Itís possible to retrieve the WebApplicationContext on my remote service (p.e. AccountServiceImpl)?

I know that I could use WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicati onContext(ServletContext). But I donít know the way to retrieve the ServletContext on my remote service.

To implement the interface ApplicationContextAware isínt a good option for me. Because a need a WebApplicationContext (not a ApplicationContext).

Thanks in advance.

If the service is running in the applicationcontext the applicationcontext injected IS a webapplicationcontext. However I wonder why on earth do you want to tie your service layer to the web infrastructure, because that is what you are going to do.

Comment

Hi Marten.

Thanks for your reply.

Iíd like to transform a SOAP/Axis remote call to a Springís Http Invoker call. The reason is that we are experiencing performance troubles with SOAP/Axis overhead.

The change should be (almost) transparent for the client application.

It was so beautiful if I could expose remote service as is. But, unfortunately, the service is so coupled to Axis.

So, I have to modify the service supplying some Axis functionality. For example, they use org.apache.axis.MessageContext to obtain the WebApplicationContext. And now, I have to retrieve the WebApplicationContext in a different way.

Thanks for your question. Now, I should ask me, why are they interested WebApplicationContext? Perhaps I should go deeper on this.

Best regards.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have enough knowledge about this matter. Please take help of some experienced person.
        Acnezine

Comment

Working...
        X