Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMS message priorities.

Hi.
    I have following situation:
    I have stand alone application which send messages(im using jms template) to app application in JBoss with MDB. Those messages are simple pojos, for e.g i have a Contact object in this application and when the contact is created, updated or deleted message is send. But this JMS mechanism was created after some time, so all existing contacts must be transfered (100 000 contacts). They are transfered also by sending JMS messages (they are sent in packages - array lists). And i have following problem now, when the transfer is executed (it takes some time) in the mean time somebody can update or create a new contact. Both messages - transfer and single message - are in the same jms Queue. And i want that this single message will be recieved after the transfer. So i set a JMSPrioprity - 9 to transfer and 0 to single message. I thought that this singlemessage will wait in this queue till transfer will be finished. But it does not work. This single update message is recievied while the transfer is executed. Have somebody an idea how to solve the problem ? Is it possible to configure in someway listener to not recieved single messages for some time or set priorities in other way or set a "sleep" ?
Working...
X