Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serviceURL for same-host-remoting

Folks;

so far still I use Spring Remoting along with Hessian to make applications communicate with each other, which is a pleasant thing while they are living in a distributed environment. However lacking a better way to do so, I also make use of Remoting to have two different (.war) contexts in the same tomcat communicate with each other, which works reasonably well. There's one thing however:

I do have two different tomcat instances running on the same machine, and (which comes as no surprise) they're bound to different ports ("public-test" and "production" instances), and remoting only should happen within the same container. Using a Remoting Proxy bean, I usually go for something like that:

Code:
        <bean id="someService"
              class="org.springframework.remoting.caucho.HessianProxyFactoryBean">
            <property name="serviceInterface" value="some.service.Interface" />
            <property name="serviceUrl" value="http://localhost:8080/backend/services/someService.hessian" />
        </bean>

... while, in serviceURL, having hard-coded the host-name and the port to connect to. This is sort of inconvenient as, before deploying to a host, I always have to mess with this configuration in order not to break things, and possibly all sorts of strange errors can appear once I forgot to do so.

So, I wonder whether there's a way to set up things like this

Code:
      <property name="serviceURL" value="/backend/services/someService.hessian"/>
    to indicate the remoting service is running at a given URL in a different context but on the same host / in the same app server. Is there a way to get something like this working?

TIA and best regards,
    Kristian
Working...
X