Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deployment Issue

Hi,

I am new to this forum.. I am working on project with following technologies.
    I need some suggestions from you people.

Struts ---(Presentation Logic)
    Spring ---(Business Logic)
    Hibernate-(Persistence Logic)

I want to separate my business logic+ persistence logic to a remote machine.So Presentation logic resides in one machine and business logic+ persistence logic resides in another machine.

I will deploy the presentation logic WAR file in tomcat server.

Question 1: Do I need use any application server to deploy my other components(business+persistence) in different machine?

Question 2: By avoiding appserver, How to make ready my business components in listening mode i.e ready to service mode?
    In case of EJB, we are deploying jar files in appserver, and appserver is responsible to make EJB ready.

Explain me in Production scenario. I know stand with alone application.. Running java command to export RMI service.

Not really sure I understand, but I'll try ...

Originally posted by vinodp_only4u View Post
    Question 1: Do I need use any application server to deploy my other components(business+persistence) in different machine?
    You dont need a full blown J2EE Server, tomcat will be sufficient. I think I understand that you would go totally without a specific server, and want a standalone app as the backend. While it is probably possible, I would advise against doing that. An app server will take care of a lot of things for you.

Originally posted by vinodp_only4u View Post
    Question 2: By avoiding appserver, How to make ready my business components in listening mode i.e ready to service mode?
    In case of EJB, we are deploying jar files in appserver, and appserver is responsible to make EJB ready.

Explain me in Production scenario. I know stand with alone application.. Running java command to export RMI service.
    The easiest thing is to run your business components in an app server (Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss, ...) and to use the facilities offered by Spring Remoting to expose your services.

If I totally misunderstood your question, please give us a bit more details ...

Comment

Hi,

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Can you please tell me how to export my RMI service in Tomcat server?

Generally.. We write the code to export our service in RMI registry and invokes that java class from command line.

But how to export my RMI service in tomcat sever automatically.

Please let me know in detail.

Thanks & Regards,
      Vinod Kumar

Comment

Please have a look at the link given above. Feel free to come back with a more specific question ...

Comment

Working...
        X