X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPRING RMI Java 1.6 register and look up issue

In the last few months, we have been successfully using Spring RMI programatically i.e. using JndiRmiServiceExporter for exporting our services as RMI services and JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean for accessing these services from clients apps and it has worked like magic so far.

The version of spring we have been using so far is 2.0 and java version 1.5.0_09. The naming service we use to register our services is standard sun orb bundled with the JRE.

However, we recently upgraded to use java 1.6 and found that the look up's werent returning - just so we dont get confused, what I mean here is that the look up's dont fail - They just dont return at all. I then upgraded to Spring 2.5 but it still didnt work.

I know it is just Spring RMI that is causing the problem as the look up seems to work if I use the standard RMI pattern of extending a remote object..

Upon turning RMI call tracing -Dsun.rmi.server.logCalls=true on the server log, I find a few exceptions and I have attached the relevant details from the log here in two separate files. Any insight in this is greatly appreciated..
Working...
X