Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduler in Spring

hi all,
    i have a webapplication that schedules persistent jobs using Quartz and Spring.
    In appplicationContext.xml i am currently defining a SchedulerFactoryBean and a JobDetailBean.
    <code>
    <bean id="springScheduler" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.Sched ulerFactoryBean">
    <property name="applicationContextSchedulerContextKey">
    <value>applicationContext</value>
    </property>
    </bean>

<bean name="budgetJob" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobDe tailBean">
    <property name="jobClass">
    <value>com.myapp.scheduler.BudgetJob</value>
    </property>
    </bean>
    </code>

In my application i want also to be able to stop/pause/resume tasks, and for that i need a reference to Quartz Scheduler. Can i get it from SchedulerFactoryBean? if so, how?

thanx in advance and regards
    marco

To the rest of your application, the SchedulerFactoryBean is the Scheduler (see the FactoryBean JavaDocs for details).

So if your class has a property named myScheduler of type org.quartz.Scheduler, the following should be sufficient:

Code:
    <bean id="springScheduler" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean"> 
    </bean>

<bean name="myBean" class="org.example.MyBean"> 
        <property name="myScheduler"> 
            <ref local="springScheduler"/>
        </property> 
    </bean>
    At least that's how I understand it..

Comment

ok found answer.
      "org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFa ctoryBean" will return a org.quartz.StdScheduler , which is what i needed..

thanx and regards
      marco

Comment

Glad I could help for once :-)

Comment

Working...
        X