X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not refresh JMS Connection - retrying in 5000 ms

I am attempting, without much luck, to perform a fairly simple test with Spring/ActiveMQ. I create a durable topic T and then subscribe to it with a DefaultMessageListenerContainer pointing at a MessageListener implementing POJO.

No matter what I do, I get the following every 5 seconds in my logs:

Code:
    [dWinContainer-1] 2007-09-04 18:08:39,007 INFO  efaultMessageListenerContainer  - Could not refresh JMS Connection - retrying in 5000 ms
    javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: localhost - Client: addWin already connected
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.addConnection(RegionBroker.java:204)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:82)
            at org.apache.activemq.advisory.AdvisoryBroker.addConnection(AdvisoryBroker.java:70)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.addConnection(BrokerFilter.java:82)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.MutableBrokerFilter.addConnection(MutableBrokerFilter.java:92)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.processAddConnection(TransportConnection.java:706)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.jmx.ManagedTransportConnection.processAddConnection(ManagedTransportConnection.java:86)
            at org.apache.activemq.command.ConnectionInfo.visit(ConnectionInfo.java:121)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.service(TransportConnection.java:294)
            at org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection$1.onCommand(TransportConnection.java:185)
            at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.onCommand(TransportFilter.java:65)
            at org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand(WireFormatNegotiator.java:133)
            at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand(InactivityMonitor.java:122)
            at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume(TransportSupport.java:84)
            at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:137)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Here is my ActiveMQ configuration:

Code:
    <beans>
      <broker brokerName="localhost" useJmx="true" xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
        <destinations>
            <topic physicalName="game.profile.registered" />
            <topic physicalName="game.profile.won" />
        </destinations>

<persistenceAdapter>
            <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/activemq-data" dataSource="#derby-ds"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

<transportConnectors>
           <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616" discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
           <transportConnector name="ssl"     uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
           <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
        </transportConnectors>

<networkConnectors>
        </networkConnectors>

</broker>

<bean id="derby-ds" class="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDataSource">
        <property name="databaseName" value="derbydb"/>
        <property name="createDatabase" value="create"/>
      </bean>
    </beans>
    And here is my spring configuration:

Code:
    <beans>
        <bean id="jmsConnectionFactory" class="org.apache.activemq.spring.ActiveMQConnectionFactory">
            <property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://my.server.com:61616"/>
            <property name="useBeanNameAsClientIdPrefix" value="true"/>
        </bean>

<bean id="profileWonTopic" class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTopic">
            <property name="physicalName" value="game.profile.won"/>    
        </bean>
        <bean id="addWinListener" class="my.package.AddWinApi"/>
        <bean id="addWinContainer" class="org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer">
            <property name="maxConcurrentConsumers" value="1"/>
            <property name="connectionFactory" ref="jmsConnectionFactory" />
            <property name="destination" ref="profileWonTopic" />
            <property name="messageListener" ref="addWinListener" />
            <property name="sessionAcknowledgeModeName" value="CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE"/>
            <property name="subscriptionDurable" value="true"/>
            <property name="clientId" value="addWin"/>
            <property name="durableSubscriptionName" value="addWin"/>
        </bean>
    </beans>
    I've tried a number of things, but I feel like I am missing something very basic...

Also, as a secondary issue -- I'm not sure I understand the concurrent consumers thing. If I have multiple consumers, don't they ALL see the same message and try to process it -- thereby requiring me to ensure that my service safely ignores duplicate attempts to process the same thing (which seems counterintuitive to me).

Your help greatly appreciated!

Hi,

I've tested my sample with your configuration but I didn't see this message. Which version of AMQ do you use?

2nd question: I think this is because you have a JMS topic and not a JMS queue. I had the same problems of understanding.

Comment

I get the same INFO message when I connect a 2nd client as consumer with the same clientId property. If you use durable subscriptions you must specify a unique clientId value for each consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by akuhtz View Post
        I get the same INFO message when I connect a 2nd client as consumer with the same clientId property. If you use durable subscriptions you must specify a unique clientId value for each consumer.
        I'm using ActiveMQ 4.1.1.

I'm confused as to why there would be more than 1 client based on my bean configuration. Isn't the "client" in this case the consumer within the container? If so, how would I be getting more than 1? I specified a single consumer maximum...

Like I said, I think I'm missing something really obvious... now if I only I knew what that was :-)

Any ideas?

Comment

I've tested with the current 5.0-SNAPSHOT .... download it and check if the problem still exists. You could also check with the JConsole how many consumers are currently connected.

Comment

I think my question is this--

How can I get a name collision with the clientId for a single DMLC whose max everything is set to 1?

Comment

Working...
            X