Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Implementation Advice - calling a web service from a web service Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implementation Advice - calling a web service from a web service

Hello all,

I am looking for advice and guidance on which way I should do the remote calling of a web service from a web service. There are lots of options within Spring - using Hessian or Burlap, LocalJaxRpcService, RMI, etc. I have read the reference guide, chapter 17. Remoting and web services using Spring. That chapter is more prescriptive whereas, I am looking for advice on the pros and cons of the various approaches. What is the "best" approach? I know it depends on circumstances.

Here are some of the things, I need to consider:
    * It needs to be as fast as possible
    * My web service is based on JAX-RPC and so is the web service I will be calling
    * The service I need to call uses HTTPS, and I need to encrypt the message for security reasons.
    * The payload will be XML in an InputSource (since it will be transformed via XSLT pre/post calling the remote web service)

Any suggestions? Did I provide enough information?

Scott

P.S. I could not decide whether to put this here or in the Spring-WS forum. I did some searching of the forums before posting too.
Working...
X