X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DefaultMessageListenerContainer and MQ Channels

Just a simple question. Does anyone know what the correlation between MQ channels and the concurrentConsumers property of the DefaultMessageListener container? In other words, if I have 5 concurrent consumers configured, is it as simple as saying that there will be 5 MQ channels created? Or is something else happening? I am a little cloudy of the big picture right now. Also, is there a facility available for for me to close the channel on MQ via JMS?

Thanks.

Roy

MQ Channels are not managed objects as far as JMS is concerned. The concurrentconsumers apply only to your destination (queue). You can use concurrentconsumers on topics, but it doesn't make sense.

To put it in simply, the concept of a channel in MQ is a means for communicating between two queue managers.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hello,

Just a simple question. Does anyone know what the correlation between MQ channels and the concurrentConsumers property of the DefaultMessageListener container? In other words, if I have 5 concurrent consumers configured, is it as simple as saying that there will be 5 MQ channels created?
      In MQ one channel only offers you a way on how to onnect to the server (multiple channels for multiple protocolls, or different authentications through different channels). One channel can accept multiple connections, and here you can get an different behaviour which depends on your setup.

If you have for example a connection pool, then the maximum number of connections is limited through this pool (So concurrentconsumer should have a lower value then the max size). If you use a SingleConnectionFactory , then you will have only one connection at a time.

So the conclusion is, that you can't open/close a channel, but a connection to a channel. And one channel connection is the same like the JMS Connection.

best regards
      agim

Comment

Working...
      X