Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMLC crashes the server

Hi

I have configured lot of DMLC's with websphere work managers and all DMLC uses a txn manager. I have set up workmanagers not to grow threads.
    But still after couple of days, my WAS server goes crazy and does thread dumps and fails.

Any idea on what things are to be verified or corrected (or a checklist kind of thing) in my environment.

Thanks
    Barath

Hello,

is there any heapdump avaiable ?
    If so, i would start to investigate there.

what means crash ? VM terminations or server shutdown (server receives stop signal and shuts down)

regards
    agim

Comment

Dump attached

Hi Agim

I have attached the dump which i got from the dev server.
      The zip files contains Dump1 through Dump22.txt.

You need to combine Dump1 through 22 to get the complete file. I was not sure about your email. Otherwise would have sent u the complete file.

Please let me know your findings on this dump.

Thanks
      Barath
      Last edited by barathwajram; Sep 6th, 2007, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hello Barath,

You are facing an OutOfMemoryError that may be related to the DMLC as it may also be related to other pieces of code. Do you have a heapdump generated when this OutOfMemoryError occurs ?

I advise you to use the Memory Dump Diagnostic for Java (MDD4J) bundled in IBM Support Assistant (ISA) to diagnose the cause of this error. This new troubleshooting tool is pretty straightforward to use.

Hope this Helps,

Cyrille.

Extract from the javacore showing it is an OutOfMemoryError
        Code:
        1TISIGINFO     OUTOFMEMORY received

Comment

DMLC crashes the server

Hi,

I have the Heap dumps too large. 52MB..cant attach it here. I know that its coz of OUTOFMEMORY, but not sure about the root cause.

I just downloaded ISA. Let me take a look at it.

Comment

Did you fix the OutOFMemory issue WAS?

I have asked the same question another discussion, Did you fix this problem?

Please share the changes you made.

Regards,
            Satya.

Comment

DMLC crashes the server

We decided not to use the DMLC. Using MDBs and Spring.
              Whats your stand.. were you able to fix the problem and go further...
              Please let me know if you fixed it.

Comment

Made changes and watching it!

I made required config changes to use Work Manager as discussed in http://forum.springframework.org/sho...3&goto=newpost

It been about 4weeks I have not seen OOM issue yet. Of course, we also upgraded JVM runtime from 1.4.2_08 to 1.4.2_13. I am not completely sure at this point what really fixed it.

Comment

Working...
                X