Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to use JMS in my case

Hello all,
    I am new in Java Web application development.
    In my project, I need to develop a forum, which has the feature that user can send message to other certain user. For exampe, user A can send a message in the forum to user B, when user B login, he will be informed by the forum that he has a message from user A.

To implement this feature, do I need to use JMS technology or not necessary to use JMS? I am not sure, appreicate your response.

THanks

Hi,

i don't know your application design, but my feeling is that you don't need jms (or any other remoting here).
    Do you have one central place (i.e. database where all messages are stored) ?
    Or does the user1 and user2 have different repositories for their messages ?

regards
    agim

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Lyserg View Post
      Hi,

i don't know your application design, but my feeling is that you don't need jms (or any other remoting here).
      Do you have one central place (i.e. database where all messages are stored) ?
      Or does the user1 and user2 have different repositories for their messages ?

regards
      agim
      Do you mean if my application do not store messages in DB then I need to use JMS , if need store messages in DB, then I do not need to use JMS or what? Can you explain a little bit?
      thanks

Comment

Hi,

no, if you store all the messages in the same db, then there is no need to distribute your objects (i.e. with jms). If you have separate databases for your users, then you will need to distribute your objects.
        With jms you can distribute your objects easily sync/async.

If you want to store your message into a jms provider, then you should not that you can't search after them in a way like a db query. Also i wouldn't use jms as a long term persistent storage.

regards
        agim

Comment

Thank you for your opinion. I got your idea now. One more question to ask, normally,to develop a forum, the sending message feature need to store the message in DB or not?

Comment

Hi,

i would say it depends. One way is to have one message that is linked with the sender and receiver account. It depends mostly on your domain modell.

regards
            agim

Comment

Working...
            X