Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server=spring RMI, Client=non-spring RMI

Hi everyone,

we want to deploy RMI services via spring on our server. However, our clients to these RMI services for the most part (due to legacy) will not be implemented in spring. I thought that it would be possible to do this, but after playing with this for a little bit, I'm having doubts.

So I create a service interface, remote interface, and the implementation. Then I bind the concrete service implementation to the port using spring's RmiServiceExporter.

When I try to retrieve the object from the client, I get unmarshall exceptions. Apparently, the exported object is a Spring invocation wrapper. Am I doing something incorrect here ?

All the examples and the documentation assume that both the client and servers use the spring framework, which is just not accurate. Can you point me in the correct direction, please ?

Thank you.

--//--
    Encountered error: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is
    :
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiInvocationWrap per
    _Stub
    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiInvocationWrap per
    _Stub
    at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at tspSpringPoc.remoting.client.TspRemotingClientRmi. initClient(TspRemot
    ingClientRmi.java:89)
    at tspSpringPoc.remoting.client.TspRemotingClientRmi. main(TspRemotingCli
    entRmi.java:52)

--//--
Working...
X