Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remoting Using RMI

Hi All,

When I am passing a String object as parameter to the RMI stub then the remote call is working fine. But when I pass a user defined object(holding the String) then the following exception is thrown(related to unsuccessful unmarshalling). Any thoughts on this.

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet smallapp threw exception
    java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
    java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cms.web.client.Message (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceiv edFromServer(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unk nown Source)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiInvocationWrap per_Stub.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientIntercep tor.doInvoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:400)
    at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientIntercep tor.doInvoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:344)
    at org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiClientIntercep tor.invoke(RmiClientInterceptor.java:259)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :185)
    at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopPro xy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:209)
    at $Proxy1.delegate(Unknown Source)
    at cms.web.client.DispatcherServ.callService(Dispatch erServ.java:37)

The class you are propagating must be known at the server and the client side. String is known, as it is part of the JDK. The exception indicates, that the client tries to unmarshal your argument but does not know the class to instantiate from the received data.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

pls look at my post at http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=39811

I have resolved this problem

Comment

Working...
      X