X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean questions

Hi, I'm starting with a new application that has all the business logic implemented in CORBA components deployed in a Sybase EAServer. Now, I was browsing Spring's reference documentation and forums to see if there was any factory that could help me and came across with one (as usual): JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean.

Unfortunately I couldn't find much documentation or examples so I'll ask my doubts here hoping that somebody helps me:

* If I use JndiRmiProxyFactoryBean, the specified interface must have something in particular? implement some other interface? throw any class of exception in the declared methods?

* Who and how will generate the stubs? will Spring do this automatically for me? if this is true, then I don't need to keep the jar with all the CORBA components stubs in my path anymore? May I have a performance impact due to the fact that if Spring generates the stubs they will be standard and if I generate the stubs manually through EAServer they may be optimized to run in that server?

Thanks in advanced,

Martin

You need to generate and distribute the stubs still with rmic as usual. But there are no interface or exception restrictions on the parameters to the factory bean as far as I know. That is basically the point of Spring reomoting in general. Maybe if you get familiar with the HttpInvoker and/or vanilla RmiProxyFactoryBean first you will find the Jndi version easier to grok?

Comment

Working...
    X