Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remoting Setup

I'm working on a proof of concept which utilizes Spring remoting:

It appears that I need to run a spring container on the client and the server to use remoting, is this correct? If so, what are the bare minimun JAR files required on the client to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Not exactly. If you use RMI as remoting protocol and export regular Remote beans then the client has not to be Spring-aware.

That said, if this is not a requirement I wouldn't use it as it makes implementation more ugly (implementing Remote, throwing RemoteException, ...).

As of the jar files, I do not know the minimum as I usually use the spring.jar containing everything. I read somewhere that the dependencies between the mudule jars are documented somewhere but I cannot remember where. Maybe someone else knows.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

HttpInvoker

Thanks for your reply,

I'm going to use the HttpInvoker remoting mechanism. I see in the readme file that comes with the distribution does indeed list all of the dependencies for the remoting API. The problem is I'm not sure what the just client side dependencies are. For example, spring-web is a dependency for the remoting API but I would imagine this is only for the server-side DispatcherServlet, etc? Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X