Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to load context from WebService

Hi.

My webservice server class, DARTSoapBindingImpl, needs a bean called ServiceRequestPlugin that is managed by Spring. Searching the forum I found the commom solution to create an BeanFactory that implements ApplicationContextAware and that is what I did.

Code:
    public class BeanFactory implements ApplicationContextAware {

private static ApplicationContext ctx;

public void setApplicationContext(ApplicationContext ctx)
    			throws BeansException {

this.ctx = ctx;

}

public static ServiceRequestPlugin getServiceRequestPlugin(){
    		return (ServiceRequestPlugin)ctx.getBean("serviceRequestPlugin");
    	}

}
    And then on my xml I registered the factory (package name removed for simplicity):

Code:
    	<bean name="beanFactory" class="com.....BeanFactory">
    	</bean>

Then, on my webservice class which is managed by AXIS 1.4, I request the bean using:

Code:
    ServiceRequestPlugin serviceRequestPlugin = BeanFactory.getServiceRequestPlugin();
    But, this throws a NullPointerException because inside the getServiceRequestPlugin method, the context ctx is null.

I am sure that Spring is injecting the context because I set a breakpoint in the setApplicationContext method, and when starting Tomcat the eclipse debugger shows me that ctx has a value.

So, it is like axis has a different instance of the beanFactory than Tomcat/Spring have.

I don't know how or if it is even possible to inject this class into my webservice because axis and spring are not (yet) integrated, so how can I possible retrieve this bean from spring?

Additional info, everything is under the same web app. Instead of having axis as a different webapp, I put all axis jar files and web.xml entries into my webapp.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Rafael

ok, someone here helped me to fix this. The webservices were deployed in a different context than my webapp. Since we use liferay as a portal framework I got confused with the URLs.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X