Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring and Hessian

Hi there

I am currently looking at using Hessian and Spring together for remoting a service, however I am some what struggling. Can anyone tell where i can get some sample code in setting up Spring and Hessian. I have found loads of examples of bean definition. I could not find what the service class should look like?

Thanks
    Amin

The service class is your bean. It has nothing special about it. It implements your business interface. That's it. Its implemented exactly the way it would if you weren't using Hessian. The difference is on top of defining your service as a normal bean, you also export it using Hessian and access it in a client context using a Hessian proxy that specifies your interface and the URL to your server.

Comment

Hessian and Spring

So I don't need to extend HessionServlet or create a servlet class that calls the business method?

Comment

No. You need to declare the DispatcherServlet in web.xml, and export your bean with the HessianServiceExporter. See section 16.3 of the reference manual for these steps. After you write your bean, its purely configuration.

The same is true for exporting Burlap, RMI and JMX objects.

Comment

Spring and Hessian

Hi there

Thanks I will give that a try.

Amin

Comment

Hessian and Spring

Hi there

Just wanted to let you know that I got Spring and Hessian working and i have to say it's amazing. I can change from Hessian to Burlap to Spring's HttpInvoker so easily that it's untrue.

Thanks
            Amin

Comment

Hi Amin,

I am looking for a sample of Spring and Hessian, could you kindly tell me the steps with some full sample code.

If not, kindly guide me the steps, i am new to Hessian and i am working with Spring say for around 10 mths now, so comfortable with IoC and configuration stuffs.

cheers
              saikiran

Comment

Working...
              X