X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOP over HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean

Seems like this class doesn't extend org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyConfig, so how is it possible to use other interceptors with this? The JVM gen'd proxy is a final class so it can't be proxied again by CGlib.

Thanks.
    Jess

You should be able to use the HttpInvokerClientInterceptor instead, which is essentially the same, except for the fact that it's not a FactoryBean, so doesn't create proxies itself.

Just use a normal ProxyFactoryBean in combination with the HttpInvokerClientInterceptor (and any other interceptors you'd like to add) and you'll be fine.

regards,
    Alef Arendsen

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to figure out how to set this up. It seems to work if I use the HttpClientInvokerInterceptor as the only interceptor with ProxyFactoryBean (and specify the proxyInterfaces). However when I add a second interceptor before it, SimpleTraceInterceptor in my case, I get odd exceptions. I've tried a few configurations and here is the one I am working with right now:

<bean id="tracer2" class="org.springframework.aop.interceptor.SimpleT raceInterceptor"/>

<bean id="cc_client__" class="org.springframework.remoting.httpinvoker.Ht tpInvokerClientInterceptor">
      <property name="serviceUrl" value="${endpoint.root}/ContractAdmin"/>
      </bean>

<bean id="cc_client" class="org.springframework.aop.framework.ProxyFact oryBean">
      <property name="interceptorNames" value="tracer2,cc_client__"/>
      <property name="proxyInterfaces" value="IContractAdmin"/>
      </bean>

It starts up alright but whenever I run a method on the proxy, I just get a NullPointerException like so:

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.SimpleTraceInt erceptor.getInvocationDescription(SimpleTraceInter ceptor.java:74)
      at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.SimpleTraceInt erceptor.invokeUnderTrace(SimpleTraceInterceptor.j ava:55)
      at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.AbstractTraceI nterceptor.invoke(AbstractTraceInterceptor.java:77 )
      at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethod Invocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java :144)
      at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopPro xy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:174)
      at $Proxy0.getBillCycleDelay(Unknown Source)

Any ideas on this one? Maybe I have configured it wrong? Thanks.

Comment

I find it strange that HttpInvokerProxyFactoryBean doesn't extends ProxyFactoryBean... it would be to easy ;-)

Did you get it working? I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks!
        Cathy

Comment

Working...
        X