Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
java/spring- getting NoClassDefFoundError at org.springfw..k.context.support.Abs.... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java/spring- getting NoClassDefFoundError at org.springfw..k.context.support.Abs....

Hello,

I am trying to initialise an RMI client for which I have used Spring.

Now, the application's RMI context is stored in file= rmiClientAppContext.xml

The relevant code for using the above file is given below--

//RMI Client Application Context is started...
    ApplicationContext context = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("rmiClientAppContex t.xml");

However, when I try and run the program, this is the error I am getting--

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.<init>(AbstractApplicationContext.jav a:164)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefres hableApplicationContext.<init>(AbstractRefreshable ApplicationContext.java:90)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefres hableConfigApplicationContext.<init>(AbstractRefre shableConfigApplicationContext.java:59)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApp licationContext.<init>(AbstractXmlApplicationConte xt.java:61)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:136)
    at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:83)

On further investigation of the first line of error message above, I found that

"164 is not a valid line number in org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext"

What have i done wrong here? I am using Spring v3.1.3
    How do I resolve the above error? Also, exactly which JARs do I have to include for the RMI client? And is there any specific order in which those JARs should be added to Java build path in Eclipse?

Thanks,
    Arvind.

Please use [ code][/code ] tags when posting code/xml/stacktraces that way it remains readable...

I suggest a read of the stack trace you are missing the commons-logging jar that is the only required dependency for Spring (or if you use SLF4J the jcl-over-slf4j jar).

Comment

Hi Marten,

You were absolutely right.. I was missing commons-logging jar.

Thanks,
      Arvind.

Comment

Working...
      X