Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis2 ?

Hi all,

We have an app that has been using spring for over a year. We now need to have web services with axis2 v .92 - particularly based off of the EchoNonBlockingDualClient example in the axis2 user guide.

Question: Is there anything in Spring that currently supports axis2 ?

iksrazal

Any progress with Axis2 (serialization)?

Hi,

so I wonder now if anyone's succeeded with consuming Axis2 web services with Spring? More concretely, I mean the serialization issue. To be able to consume complex datatypes I need to make bean mappings in a JaxRpcPortProxyFactoryBean inheritor by specifying appropriate javax.xml.rpc.encoding.SerializerFactory for my beans. With Axis 1.x I am specifying at the client side my Axis's server-side serializers, e.g. the org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory . Yet there are no serializers in Axis2... Instead some kind of databinding specific message receivers are generated (like ones for XMLBeans etc.), or the RPC message receivers for POJO-like web services are taken that use serialization/deserialization code inconsistent with the SerializerFactory interface.
    Thanks a lot for any slightest hint on that!!

Comment

Any progress with Axis2 (serialization)?

Hi,

so I wonder now if anyone's succeeded with consuming Axis2 web services with Spring? More concretely, I mean the serialization issue. To be able to consume complex datatypes I need to make bean mappings in a JaxRpcPortProxyFactoryBean inheritor by specifying appropriate javax.xml.rpc.encoding.SerializerFactory for my beans. With Axis 1.x I am specifying for the Spring client my Axis's server-side serializers, e.g. the org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializerFactory . Yet there are no serializers in Axis2... Instead some kind of databinding specific message receivers are generated (like ones for XMLBeans etc.), or the RPC message receivers for POJO-like web services are taken that use serialization/deserialization code inconsistent with the SerializerFactory/Serializer interfaces.
      Thanks a lot for any slightest hint on that!!

Comment

Axis2 has spring support, and all Message Receivers are supported. Axis2 does not do serialization the way Axis 1.x did. Something similar is available for the RPC message receivers for those cases you need to deal directly with Java types, and the Axis2 / Spring support works with those and all receivers.Axis2 does not support JAX-RPC so Spring integration is different than it was in Axis 1.x, but it does work.

There are docs that explain all this:

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1_1/spring.html

Robert

Comment

Thank you, Robert, also what I am still interested in concerns the client side consumption of an Axis2 web service with the help of Spring. I just see that JaxRpcPortProxyFactoryBean's API provides no Axis2 consistent means for unified complex types serialization/deserialization on client and server sides.

Comment

Client side you don't have to use Axis. You may want to try XFire for example.

Comment

Working...
            X