X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RmiProxyFactoryBean ClassNotFound

I have RMI working in my app, and I'm trying to convert to the Spring rmi support.

So I have the following in my spring config:

Code:
        <bean name="cpmsrmi" class="org.stl.wo.data.CpmsDataAccessorSpringRmiImpl">
            <property name="CpmsServerIntf"><ref bean="cpmsRmiProxy"/></property>
        </bean>

<bean id="cpmsRmiProxy" class="org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean">
            <property name="serviceInterface">
                <value>org.stl.cpmsserver.business.CpmsServerIntf</value>
            </property>
            <property name="serviceUrl"><value></value></property>
            <property name="lookupStubOnStartup"><value>false</value></property>
            <property name="refreshStubOnConnectFailure"><value>true</value></property>
        </bean>
    When I run the app, I get a ClassNotFoundException for RmiProxyFactoryBean. I have the Spring 1.1 jar in my classpath, and all the other Spring classes are found; I've checked and checked again for typos, but maybe I've missed something. I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Here is part of the error log:

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException&#58; Error creating bean wit
    h name 'org.stl.wo.appcontext' defined in URL &#91;file&#58;/user1/jboss-3.2.5/server/de
    fault/deploy/wo.ear/scheduler.sar/beanRefFactory.xml&#93;&#58; Instantiation of bean fai
    led; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException&#58; Could not
     instantiate class &#91;org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationC
    ontext&#93;; constructor threw exception; nested exception is org.springframework.be
    ans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException&#58; Error registering bean with name 'cpms
    RmiProxy' defined in class path resource &#91;wo_bus_config.xml&#93;&#58; Bean class &#91;org.sp
    ringframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean&#93; not found; nested exception is j
    ava.lang.ClassNotFoundException&#58; org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactor
    yBean
    org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException&#58; Could not instantiate class &#91;org.s
    pringframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext&#93;; constructor thre
    w exception; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitio
    nStoreException&#58; Error registering bean with name 'cpmsRmiProxy' defined in clas
    s path resource &#91;wo_bus_config.xml&#93;&#58; Bean class &#91;org.springframework.remoting.rm
    i.RmiProxyFactoryBean&#93; not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundExc
    eption&#58; org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException&#58; Error registerin
    g bean with name 'cpmsRmiProxy' defined in class path resource &#91;wo_bus_config.xm
    l&#93;&#58; Bean class &#91;org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean&#93; not found;
     nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException&#58; org.springframework.remot
    ing.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBean
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException&#58; org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFacto
    ryBean
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.run&#40;URLClassLoader.java&#58;195&#41;
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged&#40;Native Method&#41;
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass&#40;URLClassLoader.java&#58;183&#41;
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass&#40;ClassLoader.java&#58;294&#41;
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass&#40;ClassLoader.java&#58;250&#41;
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal&#40;ClassLoader.java&#58;310&#41;
            at java.lang.Class.forName0&#40;Native Method&#41;
            at java.lang.Class.forName&#40;Class.java&#58;190&#41;
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.c
    reateBeanDefinition&#40;BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.java&#58;50&#41;
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.
    parseBeanDefinition&#40;DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java&#58;279&#41;
    parseBeanDefinition&#40;DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java&#58;239&#41;
    registerBeanDefinition&#40;DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java&#58;205&#41;
    registerBeanDefinitions&#40;DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java&#58;173&#41;
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registe
    rBeanDefinitions&#40;XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java&#58;164&#41;
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBea
    nDefinitions&#40;XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java&#58;128&#41;

Would you mind trying this with JBoss 3.2.6 (wichever RC is the latest) or 3.2.3. There are some classloading bugs that slipped into JBoss 3.2.5 that also affected Quartz integration.

I wouldn't know if this issue is also caused by the bug, but before we get into it any further, it would be nice if you could check it.

alef

Comment

I've just installed jboss 3.2.6RC1, and get exactly the same error.

I was going to try 3.2.3, but I've changed my app to take advantage of Tomcat 5 Servlet 2.4/JSP 2.0, so it no longer works with 3.2.3.

It may well be something I've got wrong, just not sure what . . .

Comment

I was working on the server end of the rmi, and got a classnotfound on one of the aopalliance classes . . . which set me thinking . . .

I've now got aopalliance.jar in my classpath on the client end, and it all works fine.

Perhaps the error message on the client side could be a bit clearer?

Comment

I found this thread on Google and it was similar to my problem. I tried cmgharris's aopalliance.jar fix and it works. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X