X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDev 10.1.2 and Spring 1.2.3: Incredibly slow OC4J startup

I posted this problem to the JDev forums but it won't hurt to ask here as well.

I have JDev 10.1.2 which runs many non-Spring apps in the embedded OC4J without incident.

But after an app that uses Spring Framework 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 is added to a Workspace, attempting to run _any_ application, spring-using or not, in that workspace results in an incredibly long startup time for OC4J, typically 160-220 seconds during which JDeveloper becomes unresponsive and the CPU use rises to 100%.

After JDeveloper becomes responsive again, here are the displayed contents of the OC4J server window:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Starting OC4J using the following ports: HTTP=65001, RMI=65002, JMS=65003.]
    /home/kt/jdevhome/system10.1.2.0.0.1811/oc4j-config>
    /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_07/bin/java -server -classpath
    /home/kt/lib/java/jdev1012/j2ee/home/oc4j.jar:/home/kt/lib/java/jdev1012/jdev/lib/jdev-oc4j.jar
    -Xverify:none -Ddisable.checkForUpdate=true -Xrs -Doracle.j2ee.dont.use.memory.archive=true
    -Doracle.j2ee.http.socket.timeout=500 -Doracle.dms.sensors=NONE
    -Doc4j.jms.usePersistenceLockFiles=false com.evermind.server.OC4JServer -config
    /home/kt/jdevhome/system10.1.2.0.0.1811/oc4j-config/server.xml
    [waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]
    05/09/01 12:25:38 Auto-deploying SSAC (New server version detected)...
    Ready message received from Oc4jNotifier.
    Embedded OC4J startup time: 189824 ms.

Target URL -- http://172.17.50.60:65001/bafg/brs/index.jsp
    05/09/01 12:25:38 Oracle Application Server Containers for J2EE 10g (10.1.2.0.0) initialized
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This problem occurs using JDev 10.1.2 on several workstations. One workstation is FC4, the others are WinXP. We are using j2sdk1.4.2_07 to compile/run on FC4 and the bundled 1.4.2_04 on Windows.

Once the OC4J is started, JDeveloper and applications appear to work fine with no noticable differences in speed. Also, once deployed to an Oracle App Server 10g (w/OC4J 10.1.2), there is no noticable difference in startup time for applications on that server.

Again, I would emphasize that the problem affects all applications in the workspace, not just the one that uses Spring. And if I remove the Spring application from the workspace, OC4J starts quickly again for the other applications. Also, running applications in a one workspace is not impacted by a Spring app in a different workspace.

Any ideas?

Sounds like an issue with JDev 10.1.2. I would suggest that you:

- Try to find out which part of Spring proves it. Are you deploying a web app?
    - Try to do a thread dump to see what is happening when the container is starting.

Comment

Working...
    X