Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@eric. - the Maven POMs you see in the source tree exist primarily as dependency descriptors only. We publish these poms when uploading Spring Jars to our internal Maven repositories and to Maven Central, but we do not use them to build. For that, we use ant (which I thought you were doing too).

Simply run the following from the root of the source tree. It should work.
    Code:
    >$ ant -f build-spring-framework/build.xml jar
    This will build all the jars

To install those jars in your local Maven ~/.m2/repository cache:
    Code:
    >$ ant -f build-spring-framework/build.xml install-maven
    To run all tests:

Code:
    >$ ant -f build-spring-framework/build.xml test
    The point is, that if you're having trouble with the tests, you don't necessarily have to run them just to build spring locally.

Comment

spring3.0.5 direct jar

Originally posted by adam.fitzgerald View Post
      Hi ksalic,

I just tested this and the download files that are at the community download center worked just fine for me. Specifically I was able to download Spring 3.0.5 which is the latest GA release.

If you continue to have problems, please post your OS and browser version details here so that we can see if there is a problem with your environment.

Regards
      Adam

Adam FitzGerald
      SpringSource
      . Hi Adam, Thankyou for your response. I am saying that unlike spring2.5.6 direct jar, spring 3.0.5 jar is not available.we have to build it from release.Can we have a direct jar instead of entire release to build like for spring 2.5.6

Comment

Re: spring3.0.5 direct jar

, Thankyou for your response. I am saying that unlike spring2.5.6 direct jar, spring 3.0.5 jar is not available.we have to build it from release.Can we have a direct jar instead of entire release to build like for spring 2.5.6
        Hi ksalic,

I'm not quite sure that I understand your request. What do you mean by "direct jar"? You do not have to build Spring from source for any released version. The complete compiled jar file is available from the community download center, specifically the Spring 3.0.5 release is there.

If you are referring to the old Spring-with-dependencies versions that we previously made available then that is a different matter. We have stopped releasing those because of the prevalence of common build systems like Maven that help you add only the libraries you need to your project. If you are not familiar with Maven then I recommend reading the Green Beans post: Getting Started with Maven and Spring.

If you continue to have problems or are not able to see the files I have identified in the links above, please post your OS and browser version details here so that we can see if there is a problem with your environment.

Regards
        Adam

Adam FitzGerald
        SpringSource

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beams View Post
          @eric. - the Maven POMs you see in the source tree exist primarily as dependency descriptors only. We publish these poms when uploading Spring Jars to our internal Maven repositories and to Maven Central, but we do not use them to build. For that, we use ant (which I thought you were doing too).

Simply run the following from the root of the source tree. It should work.
          Code:
          >$ ant -f build-spring-framework/build.xml jar
          This will build all the jars

To install those jars in your local Maven ~/.m2/repository cache:
          Code:
          >$ ant -f build-spring-framework/build.xml install-maven
          To run all tests:

Code:
          >$ ant -f build-spring-framework/build.xml test
          The point is, that if you're having trouble with the tests, you don't necessarily have to run them just to build spring locally.
          @Chris Beams,

Thank you for your reply.

These commands do work. But I still have questions might be bothering ( sorry for that ): How can I trust them if their tests fail? How can I develop over them if I can't make the tests run?

Anyway, would you mind to give a trustful version which all tests run successfully (older version is ok) ? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
          Eric

Comment

Originally posted by eric. View Post
            Anyway, would you mind to give a trustful version which all tests run successfully (older version is ok) ? Thanks in advance.
            Sure. Just check out the 3.0.5.RELEASE tag and build from there.

https://src.springframework.org/svn/...3.0.5.RELEASE/

- C

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Beams View Post
              Sure. Just check out the 3.0.5.RELEASE tag and build from there.

https://src.springframework.org/svn/...3.0.5.RELEASE/

- C
              Thank you.

I've tried this version, but it looks like the same as the trunk version, At first, the testMemUsage error like my first post:
              [junit]
              [junit] Testsuite: org.springframework.core.LocalVariableTableParamet erNameDiscovererTests
              [junit] Tests run: 11, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.187 sec
              [junit]
              [junit] Testcase: testMemUsage(org.springframework.core.LocalVariabl eTableParameterNameDiscovererTests): FAILED
              [junit] null
              [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: null
              [junit] at org.springframework.core.LocalVariableTableParamet erNameDiscovererTests.testMemUsage(LocalVariableTa bleParameterNameDiscovererTests.java:202)
              [junit]
              [junit]
              [subant] Leaving directory: /home/sunny/workshop/codes/spring-framework-3.0.5.RELEASE.svn/org.springframework.core
              and then the writeMultipart error which you might not notice:
              [junit]
              [junit] Testcase: writeMultipart(org.springframework.http.converter. FormHttpMessageConverterTests): Caused an ERROR
              [junit] expected:<[image/jpeg]> but was:<[application/octet-stream]>
              [junit] at org.springframework.http.converter.FormHttpMessage ConverterTests.writeMultipart(FormHttpMessageConve rterTests.java:151)
              [junit]
              [junit]
              [subant] Leaving directory: /home/sunny/workshop/codes/spring-framework-3.0.5.RELEASE.svn/org.springframework.web
              Would you like to give some suggestions ? TIA.

Comment

Hi,

I could build spring-framework-3.0.5.RELEASE behind firewall.

I set spring-build\lib\ivy\jets3t.properties file like this.

# Proxy configuration
                httpclient.proxy-autodetect=false
                httpclient.proxy-host=proxy.server.name
                httpclient.proxy-port=8080

Comment

Hello:

I have the same failure:

Code:
                  [junit] Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.262 sec
                      [junit] 
                      [junit] Testcase: writeMultipart(org.springframework.http.converter.FormHttpMessageConverterTests):	FAILED
                      [junit] expected:<[image/jpeg]> but was:<[application/octet-stream]>
                      [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<[image/jpeg]> but was:<[application/octet-stream]>
                      [junit] 	at org.springframework.http.converter.FormHttpMessageConverterTests.writeMultipart(FormHttpMessageConverterTests.java:154)
                  My environment is Ubuntu 10.10 and:
                  Code:
                  javier@BART:~/Documents/git/spring-framework$ mvn --version
                  Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 18:31:09+0100)
                  Maven home: /usr/local/lib/apache-maven-3.0.3
                  Java version: 1.6.0_20, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
                  Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre
                  Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
                  OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.35-30-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
                  Any help with this issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

The Maven POMs are not supported for building the framework. These exist only for the purpose of maintaining Maven metadata for *consuming* Spring framework artifacts, as opposed to building them. The best approach is simply to use the ant build which all the core developers use on a daily basis. This has been documented here: https://github.com/cbeams/spring-framework/wiki

Comment

Thanks.

And apologize for the misunderstanding. I used the maven command because it's an easy way to show my environment (OS, Java version, etc.)

I followed the your instructions without problems in MAC but with failures in UBUNTU and windows.

Comment

Understood. Please file a bug for this. The team builds against OS X, Ubuntu and Windows every day, and this test isn't failing for any of us, so this suggests it's something local on your machine. Nevertheless, it'll be good to figure out.

Comment

Ok, thank you, I'll do it.

In windows I have problems with ASM:
                          Code:
                          C:\...\spring-framework\org.springframework.asm\build.xml
                          :53: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassReader.accept(Lorg/obje
                          ctweb/asm/ClassVisitor;I)V
                                  at com.springsource.bundlor.support.asm.AsmTypeArtefactAnalyser.analyse(
                          AsmTypeArtefactAnalyser.java:43)
                                  at com.springsource.bundlor.support.StandardManifestGenerator.analyzeEnt
                          ry(StandardManifestGenerator.java:116)
                                  at com.springsource.bundlor.support.StandardManifestGenerator.analyzeEnt
                          ries(StandardManifestGenerator.java:101)
                                  at com.springsource.bundlor.support.StandardManifestGenerator.generate(S
                          tandardManifestGenerator.java:66)
                                  at com.springsource.bundlor.ant.internal.AntBundlorExecutor.execute(AntB
                          undlorExecutor.java:73)
                                  at com.springsource.bundlor.ant.Bundlor.execute(Bundlor.java:106)
                          Is there anything I can share in order to clarify what my problem is?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X