X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The passing score

I had the same question and it is answered by the SpringSource.
    Quote from the e-mail:

There are 50 questions worth two marks each. The pass rate is 76% so you need to answer 38 questions correctly to pass the exam. You will find out immediately if you have passed or not.

Comment

I see. Thanks.

I passed yesterday.

Comment

Great, congratulations!

Could you post your feedback. I am doing self study now. Any advice would be helpful.

Does anyone know a book, test tool or another way that would help learning.
        I use the book "Spring in Action" and have done the Core Training.

Thanks.

Comment

Based on the suggested topics to study at 'cert_study_topics2.pdf':

1. Spring in Action 2nd ed. and did hands on on its code samples.
          2. Above should have been enough but it is based on Spring 2.0. So to be safe, I read also the latest 2.5.x Spring pdf I found in
          \spring-framework-2.5.5\docs\reference\pdf
          3. Did the 50 samples questions from Spring - 'sample_2_5_cert_qs.pdf'
          4. I searched for mock exams, and I found none nowhere except at javablackbelt.com. You can take exams there either using credit points (you gain as an active member) or by paying cash. I was asked to pay 100US$ for all the Spring exams. The exams were tough like it expects you to think like a compiler, but it helped me identify some of my weaknesses. Note: the questions there are submitted by members. You may find questions that you think are wrong.

That's all. I wish I did a lot more mock exams. But there's none out there.

Comment

Thank you for your feedback.

One more question. Did you pay and did the exams from javablackbelt.com?

Comment

Yes.

The exams were tough like it expects you to think like a compiler, but it helped me identify some of my weaknesses.

Comment

That's it. Thank you very much for your input. Hope this helps others too.

Comment

Sorry, but last question. Where on javablackbelt.com can you buy the extra points? Is it in the community edition or the enterprise edition?

I don't see the option.

Comment

Spring Certification Feed back

Just got back from Woe, and well, wow. Salome were cool too. Agoraphobic/Salome Kat is intensely cute.

Akitsa and Bone Awl together would rule so hard, if I hadnt just found out its 25.

Comment

Do we get a hard copy of the certificate ?
                      how long does it take to get the hard copy and soft copy to come?

Comment

Originally posted by debict View Post
                        Do we get a hard copy of the certificate ?
                        how long does it take to get the hard copy and soft copy to come?
                        It might come from your regional Spring office. For me, who is in Singapore, I didnt receive it past 6 weeks so I contacted Australia, and they emailed me a soft copy.

Comment

Topics for spring 2.5 certificaion

Hi,

I am new to the spring source. I have registered for the spring 2.5 certiifcation. Could you please let me know where I can find the topics for the exams and if there any mock exams etc.

Nirmal

Originally posted by Jesus Angeles View Post
                          Based on the suggested topics to study at 'cert_study_topics2.pdf':

1. Spring in Action 2nd ed. and did hands on on its code samples.
                          2. Above should have been enough but it is based on Spring 2.0. So to be safe, I read also the latest 2.5.x Spring pdf I found in
                          \spring-framework-2.5.5\docs\reference\pdf
                          3. Did the 50 samples questions from Spring - 'sample_2_5_cert_qs.pdf'
                          4. I searched for mock exams, and I found none nowhere except at javablackbelt.com. You can take exams there either using credit points (you gain as an active member) or by paying cash. I was asked to pay 100US$ for all the Spring exams. The exams were tough like it expects you to think like a compiler, but it helped me identify some of my weaknesses. Note: the questions there are submitted by members. You may find questions that you think are wrong.

That's all. I wish I did a lot more mock exams. But there's none out there.

Comment

could you please help me to get the topics for spring 2.5 certification.

Comment

The exam has been split into core, web and integration. And it is no longer on Spring 2.5.

For the core, you can check some information and some SpringSource Certified Spring Professional - Practice Tests at itestjava.com.

Comment

Hey, this is James
                                Thanks for sharing your experience and giving feedback. I think the most important thing is you missed, that at time of official test, everybody suffers huge pressure of stress and psychological pressure that keep reminding that its an official test. In other words, its the future. So I want to ask how to tackle this pressure? as you got very good score. I think you have strategies and solutions for these kinds of issues at the time of test, especially at the start of test.

Comment

Working...
                                X