X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich IDE for developming in J2EE with Spring

Hi folks, im new in spring forums as you can see, by the way, im a littler worried i dont know how to begin, can someone explain me wich is the prefered id for developming at Java using spring? thanks!

Both NetBeans and Eclipse have options to use plugins for Spring development. I personally prefer Easyeclipse http://www.easyeclipse.org/site/dist...rver-java.html which is stable and reliable. That's all you need.

Comment

Using an idea is a personal taste.

Some people love Eclipse, and make great Spring applications in them. There even is a eclipse based Spring ide although I have never used it (or seen someone use it).

Others use IntelliJ for example (myself). It also has great Spring support (a lot of spring specific support in the xml like code completion and syntax/semantic checking, jumping to the applicationcontext configuration from the javacode if it is a spring bean).

I guess you can use Spring in most modern ide's, so choosing the best would only lead to a useless holy war.

And if you are beginning, I would not rely on an ide. Just begin by doing everything yourself. Once you understand how it works, you could start relying on an ide that assists you.
      Last edited by Alarmnummer; Dec 3rd, 2008, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Eclispe works fine

Comment

Personally I love using IntelliJ as my IDE. However, with that said, you really can't pass up Spring Tool Suite (STS), which is Eclipse, plus so much more all for Spring development. With SpringSource creating STS themselves, who better to give you the most functionality for Spring development.

Also with that said, the new IJ 8 Spring integration is really sweet too.

Mark Spritzler

Comment

Working...
          X