Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Marten for the quick reply. I had forgotten that the portal stuff was not on the exam so now the answer on scope makes sense.

I think they need to change "mutable" to "immutable". I'm sure most people figure this out for themselves but it's not correct and can be confusing.

Thanks again,

diane ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by senthilkumar ss View Post
      Hi daryl
      I have just seen in one of a reply that gradfathered way of getting exam voucher is closed as of 1st jan 2008. Is that so?.
      Hi kumar, you are wrong for Grandfather way is closed.
      I just got Grandfather in Dec 2009 and valid upto jan 2011.

Originally posted by senthilkumar ss View Post
      I would also be greatful if there is an elobrate explanation on what grandfathered means. I mean how do we get the voucher that way. How can i prove that i have worked enough in spring.
      As far as i got Grandfather, by supporting in forum and having enough knowledge of Spring so i request to SpringSource for Grandfather they sent me form which i fill and by evaluating they sent me GrandFather mail in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by prodyutghosh View Post
        I have tested sample questions on Skill Guru and I am sure itís not a standard set of Sping real exam questions. I think at this point Spring Framework Reference is best to simulate mock exam for your own.
        There is a new test Spring Certification Mock Test of 50 questions added by Daniel on Skill-Guru site.
        Daniel has done an excellent job to create this Spring Certification Mock very similar to real exam.

Comment

I was able to find a list of Core Spring 2.5 exam study topics at
          http://www.springsource.com/files/u1...ation_Exam.pdf

However, I'm taking the new Core Spring 3.0 exam, which I believe should consist of an updated list of topics. Does anyone know where I could find such a list that would target Spring 3.0 ?

Comment

I am not aware of the topics but there are two excellent practice tests for Spring 3.0 certification
            Spring 3 mock certification test
            Spring 3 mock certification test -2
            Last edited by vinay076; Jul 7th, 2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I asked SpringSource this question and they replied that topics from the Core Spring 3.0 course could be used as the basis for what is needed in the exam:

http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/cou...d_course=68350

I successfully passed the exam, however I can tell that those course topics are rather coarse and not really enough to prepare for all the questions that you should expect to see in the exam. To pass the exam, I also prepared for the more detailed topics from Core Spring 2.5 exam:

http://www.springsource.com/files/u1...ation_Exam.pdf

While preparing, I did not read any books. My only resources were Spring 3.0 Reference Documentation (dived deeply into it, especially into topics included in 2.5 and 3.0 exams) and my own experience in building Spring applications.

Comment

I blogged on the topic of the exam. It includes all available study resources and the overall scope. (existing sample exams are all much harder than the exam.)

Comment

Originally posted by longbeach View Post
                  Hi,
                  does anyone know where i can find examples of questions one might have at the Spring certification ?

Also, are there any mock exams available to prepare and get ready for the real exam ?

Any links to recommend ?

thanks a lot

hi

i want to write spring 3.x certification, can any one help me , what is the first step for this exam,and how to prepare this exam, what will be the cost of this exam, i completed SCJP 6.0

Comment

spring 3.x certification exam

hey can any one help please , how to write spring certification exam, what is the first step to write this exam,
                    what are reference books are avaliable

thanks in advance

Comment

hi

is spring reference document is enough to prepare spring certification exam

Comment

Moies,
                        Replying three times in ten minutes isn't likely to get you an answer faster. Keep in mind people are in different time zones.

In answer to your questions:
                        1) The first step is to take the Core Spring class. You can't take the exam without taking the class. The class is expensive. (maybe $2000-$3000). It's not something you do just to get certified.
                        2) The class covers everything you need to know. The Spring reference manual covers that and much more.

See my blog link five posts up - it contains much more information.

Comment

Hi,
                          I have cleared SFC 2.5 exam on 8th of jan. But till now i didn't hear anything from Springsource reg my certification confirmation and didn't receive any acknowledgement.

I request you to let me know how many days it will take to in general to receive the softcopy and hard copy of my certification details.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by boyarsky View Post
                            You can't take the exam without taking the class.
                            Actually, you can. I did. As I mentioned earlier, there are alternative ways of getting the voucher for taking the exam: either by somehow contributing to Spring community, or by proving to have successfully completed at least two real world Spring-based projects.

Comment

chandun4u: I got a printout from the exam center when I got my score.

Osvaldas: Have you checked recently? I thought SpringSource got rid of the grandfather option last year?

Comment

how did you

Originally posted by chandun4u View Post
                                Hi,
                                I have cleared SFC 2.5 exam on 8th of jan. But till now i didn't hear anything from Springsource reg my certification confirmation and didn't receive any acknowledgement.

I request you to let me know how many days it will take to in general to receive the softcopy and hard copy of my certification details.

Thanks in advance.
                                hi
                                can you tell me where did you take spring coaching and how did you prepare for spring certification[SFC] , and how long it take time to prepare for you

thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X