Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certification questions / mock exams ?

Hi,
    does anyone know where i can find examples of questions one might have at the Spring certification ?

Also, are there any mock exams available to prepare and get ready for the real exam ?

Any links to recommend ?

thanks a lot

Certification questions/mock exams

I have just published a list of sample questions as a link on our certification web page. While the Spring 2.5 certification examination contains 50 multiple-choice questions, this list does not contain multiple-choice questions. The content of the questions I posted is, however, representative of the content of the questions on the certification examination.

Other questions covering Spring with Hibernate, Spring Remoting, Spring Web Services, Spring Security, Spring with JMS and Spring with JMX also appear on the examination. The Core Spring class covers each of these topics in detail. (See the course description available off of our training pages). The additional topics are also addressed in the Spring 2.5 technical documentation available off of the springframework.org web site. SpringSource currently does not provide a mock or practice examination for its certification examinations.

I am always available to answer any additional questions about the SpringSource Professional Certification Program.

Daryl Heinz
    Director of Training
    SpringSource, Inc.

Comment

Hello Daryl

I am happy that in my country and specially in my city exists a "Test Center"

Like our friend longbeach, is possible see soon a mock exams available?,
      I already see your list of sample questions, thanks.

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Heinz View Post
        I have just published a list of sample questions as a link on our certification web page. While the Spring 2.5 certification examination contains 50 multiple-choice questions, this list does not contain multiple-choice questions. The content of the questions I posted is, however, representative of the content of the questions on the certification examination.

Other questions covering Spring with Hibernate, Spring Remoting, Spring Web Services, Spring Security, Spring with JMS and Spring with JMX also appear on the examination. The Core Spring class covers each of these topics in detail. (See the course description available off of our training pages). The additional topics are also addressed in the Spring 2.5 technical documentation available off of the springframework.org web site. SpringSource currently does not provide a mock or practice examination for its certification examinations.

I am always available to answer any additional questions about the SpringSource Professional Certification Program.

Daryl Heinz
        Director of Training
        SpringSource, Inc.
        hi Daryl,
        thanks for publishing that list of questions, although they are not multiple-choice questions.
        I am surprised that there is not any mock exam around.
        We need to know exactly what kind of questions to expect. For instance,
        do we need to know the signatures of most methods ? If yes, which ones ?

Could you provide us with mock exams or multiple-choice questions, so we can have a better idea of the degree of difficulty one can expect at the exam and consequently how much one needs to study and prepare for the exam ?

Thanks a lot.
        Celinio Fernandes.

Comment

Anyone know if there are any mock exams out there (both free and not free), for the Spring Core cert exam, other than the free pdf from Spring?

I found javablackbelt.com and currently trying to check how to purchase their mock exams, as i just registered to them today and i have no 'credits' to take their exam.

Comment

Can anyone share any tips on preparing for the exam?

I have completed 'reading' the latest Spring Source pdf (the 500-plus-page book).

I have also read the Spring in Action 2nd edition book, and about to complete the hands-on on the book's sample codes.

Javablackbelt is the only place I found a mock exam but I need to gain credits (not open to purchase), before I can take the exam. (I am scheduled already for exam and I dont have time to do that 'gain credit' thing.)

Any suggestion or idea will be much appreciated.
            Last edited by Jesus Angeles; May 3rd, 2009, 04:34 AM.

Comment

I am shocked there are not more mock exams/study guides for this. I would also absolutely love if someone who has taken it could give us some advice... I have an online degree in CS from an accredited online degree program and have studied quite a bit for this but honestly haven't a clue how it will go.
              Last edited by rigby; Jan 15th, 2010, 11:06 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

You can find some mock test available at Skill-guru

The test link is at Spring Mock questions

There are more questions to be added in this test.

If any one has questions to share, please go ahead and create a test

Comment

I have tested sample questions on Skill Guru and I am sure itís not a standard set of Sping real exam questions. I think at this point Spring Framework Reference is best to simulate mock exam for your own.

Comment

Uh, subtle questions... I think without a special certification training you will never answer more than 60 - 70 % of the questions right...

Comment

The tests are based on your conceptual understanding of spring and some practical Spring.
                      This is a new test Spring Transaction Management Mock test Spring and it has some questions on problems I faced while working on Spring

Comment

Question on sample 2.5 exam questions

Daryl,

I am confused about some of the answers to the sample exam questions posted on the web site. I'm very new to Spring but I am starting to study for the Core 2.5 Certification exam after taking the Core Spring Framework course.

The question on the advantages of constructor dependency injection lists "mutable" as one of the advantages. I thought one of the reason to use c'tor DI over setters was to promote immutability. Did you really mean to say mutable?

Secondly I'm confused about the 5 scopes you have listed as being defined in Spring. Everywhere else, including the Spring reference manual, lists the 5 scope types as: singleton, prototype, request, session, global-session. Thankfully the 3.0 doc does state that you can create your own using custom scope.

I'm assuming in the question you consolidated session & global-session into just session. However I confused about what would one should answer on an exam when asked to identify the 5 types of scope?

Thanks,

diane ramsey

Comment

Certification question

Hi daryl
                          I have just seen in one of a reply that gradfathered way of getting exam voucher is closed as of 1st jan 2008. Is that so?. becaz i do not see any of that info in the certifation page. I am wondering why there are not much support for those who want to get certified as in other certifications like Sun. We gotta serach a hell a lot of places to find the info. I am also wondering how many people would have certified since its inception and what is the market's reaction i mean how is it seriously rated in job market. if there is a little more help from springone,like a dedicated forum for certification related info, it would help a lot to those like me who wanted to do spring cetification.
                          I would also be greatful if there is an elobrate explanation on what grandfathered means. I mean how do we get the voucher that way. How can i prove that i have worked enough in spring.

Comment

for a web environment the 5 scopes listed are correct. global-session is only available in a portlet environment (if specified in a normal web environment it behaves like the session scope). Portlets aren't part of the study material...

In spring 3 there are even more scopes added like thread and application.

Regarding the other one I'm sure that was a mistake, constructors are used for immutablity.

Comment

Hi Marten Deinum ,
                              can you answer my question if you please

Comment

Working...
                              X