X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS syndication

Would the forum admins consider adding RSS syndication mods to the phpbb software? I've consolidated a lot of my mailing lists/blogs into bloglines, and I'd love to get this forum in there as well.

Here's a link to the mod that would enable this:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=144548

I think a feed that is post centric as well as another that is topic centric would be great.

Also, I have to say I love bloglines. Fast, simple and really really useful.

http://bloglines.com

--pete

I think this would be a great idea. I too would love to have access to this forum from an RSS feed.

Comment

I've considered doing this. The problem is that there are about 3-4 mods I'd liek to add (email digest is another, for example), and we have 7-8 skins, all of which need to be tweaked to some extert to add in these mods. Just haven't ahd time...

Comment

and you have the 1.1 release coming up.

No worries, just want to get it in as a feature request...

--pete

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sampaleanu
          I've considered doing this. The problem is that there are about 3-4 mods I'd liek to add (email digest is another, for example), and we have 7-8 skins, all of which need to be tweaked to some extert to add in these mods. Just haven't ahd time...
          Personally, I would rather have the mods than 7-8 skins. So I would vote for reducing the number of skins, to make it easier on you to add the mods when you have time. As far as I'm concerned, one skin is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by gpoirier
            I would rather have the mods than 7-8 skins.
            +1

As far as I'm concerned, one skin is good enough.
            +2

:lol: ...not like I have two votes to cast.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Sampaleanu
              Personally, I would rather have the mods than 7-8 skins. So I would vote for reducing the number of skins, to make it easier on you to add the mods when you have time. As far as I'm concerned, one skin is good enough.

One skin is fine as long as it's subSilver.... :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by tcollins
                One skin is fine as long as it's subSilver.... :lol:
                Well that would probably be a typical response at the idea of going to just one template. We could probably get away with 3-4. SubSilver needs to stay as it's the standard and assumed by some other templates, and then you need at least something like Acid to go well with the logo, and one or two others (like SubBlack) for people who need to read white on black for comfort...

Comment

I agree that we should reduce the amount of skins in favor of adding new features.

I would absolutely love the RSS feed (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=144548). That would allow me participate in the forums much more. My daily/hourly workflow includes checking email and checking my blogroll. I still haven't been able to integrate checking an outside source (this forum). Adding the RSS feed of new topics would be tremendously helpful.

I am also willing and volunteering to install the script and edit the skins. It's definitely a worthy addition to the already incredible support forum we have. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by dmiller
                    I would rather have the mods than 7-8 skins.
                    +1

As far as I'm concerned, one skin is good enough.
                    +2

:lol: ...not like I have two votes to cast.
                    what they said... :wink:

Comment

Working...
                    X