Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project re-architecture query

Hi,
    I currently have a Jboss (4.0.3)/Hibernate/Cocoon based project I would like to re-architect the porject using the Spring framework.

Jboss handles hibernate (hibernate.har) whilst coocon is deployed in a WAR directory. I would like to retain the Jboss/Hibernate connection and would therefore like to know:

1. What pitfalls I need to be aware of when deploying Spring projects as WAR's in Jboss?

2. Whether there are any added benefits to running Spring within an Application server environment, such as Jboss/Websphere etc, as opposed to running Spring in conjunction with a container such as Tomcat?

Many thanks in advance

Originally posted by andrewmadu View Post
    Hi,
    I currently have a Jboss (4.0.3)/Hibernate/Cocoon based project I would like to re-architect the porject using the Spring framework.

Jboss handles hibernate (hibernate.har) whilst coocon is deployed in a WAR directory. I would like to retain the Jboss/Hibernate connection and would therefore like to know:

1. What pitfalls I need to be aware of when deploying Spring projects as WAR's in Jboss?
    It has been quite a long time I did anything with JBoss. The only problem I have seen are issues with the shared classloader, but this can be fixed by changing some settings.

2. Whether there are any added benefits to running Spring within an Application server environment, such as Jboss/Websphere etc, as opposed to running Spring in conjunction with a container such as Tomcat?
    The main added value of these more full blown environment is that everything you 'need' is available: JMS, connection pooling etc and that everything is integrated.

If I have the chance I use something small like Jetty/Tomcat. But in a lot of cases (particularly in banks, insurance brokers) choices already are made what to use. In these cases you have to adapt

ps:
    JBoss uses Tomcat as servlet container.

Comment

Many thanks, Alarmnummer.

Can you or anyone else please point me in the direction of any documentation which details configuring Jboss, Spring, and Hibernate?

Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X