Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring + OSWorkflow +JPA example?

Hi all,

I am wondering if it is possible to use JPA persistence with OSWorkflow spring managed beans? I see the Hibernate session examples, but I am currently using JPA backed by Hibernate JPA. I don't want to introduce different persistence models in my application if possible.

Am I missing the obvious?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Cheers!
    Griff

I have posted a solution in ideyatech website.

Hope this helps... http://www.ideyatech.com/resources/?p=63

Comment

Works fine in OSX, not Windows.

Yikes! This solution works fine on my OS X workstation, but when I try to deploy it on a windows server, I get an ugly JPA Exception: I'm running the same version of JBoss, same version of MySQL, same JDBC driver version. As far as I can tell, the entire software stack is all the same versions. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. The exception stack follows...

Java 1.5
      JBoss 4.2.2-GA
      MySQL 4.2.1
      MySQL JDBC Connector 3.1.10

[CODE]org.hibernate.MappingException: Unknown entity: com.opensymphony.workflow.spi.hibernate.HibernateW orkflowEntry
      at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.getEntityPer sister(SessionFactoryImpl.java:550)
      at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultLoadEventListener.o nLoad(DefaultLoadEventListener.java:68)
      at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.fireLoad(SessionImp l.java:878)
      at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.load(SessionImpl.ja va:795)
      at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.load(SessionImpl.ja va:788)
      at com.opensymphony.workflow.spi.hibernate3.AbstractH ibernateWorkflowStore$5.doInHibernate(AbstractHibe rnateWorkflowStore.java:314)
      at gov.hhs.fda.datacall.workflow.JPAHibernateWorkflow Store.execute(JPAHibernateWorkflowStore.java:45)
      at com.opensymphony.workflow.spi.hibernate3.AbstractH ibernateWorkflowStore.loadEntry(AbstractHibernateW orkflowStore.java:312)
      at com.opensymphony.workflow.spi.hibernate3.AbstractH ibernateWorkflowStore.findEntry(AbstractHibernateW orkflowStore.java:132)
      at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.getAvai lableActions(AbstractWorkflow.java:70)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
      [CODE]

Comment

Resolved

The problem seems to have been a defect in Hibernate Entity Manager, (a source of must frustration it seems). A google search led me to defect EJB-284. I can't post the link here, as I don't have permission. (stupid)

After upgrading from 3.2.5 to the latest GA version, its now working on Windows. Very Frustrating!

Comment

HI Griff,

Presently I am working on a project using Spring 2.0.7, Hibernate 3.3, JPA 1.0
          and I would like to integrate the OS workflow in my project. So if your are having a working example then will you please guide me what to do and how to do or if any links or something you can share with me to achieve my integration of OSWorkflow with my current project.

One more thing I would like to add that I integrated the workflow and its working fine with MemoryStore but I could not find proper solution for JPA and HIbernate.

Thanks a lot in advance.

With best regrads,
          ishaan

Comment

Working...
          X