X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link: Interface21 Online Education

Saw this link and thought others might be interested.
    http://www.interface21.com/onlineeducation/

I'll be attending

Comment

I'll be attending to, always nice to learn something. Maybe pick up a few new things.

Comment

Likewise, I'm quite interested in the "tuning" section.

Comment

about email confirmation

http://www.communiqueconferencing.co..._downloads.asp

where is linux?
          grrrr

regards

Comment

Bump, this has begun!

Comment

The idea is nice, but tell me: why do I have to call a phone number to hear anything? That is just plain stupid, especially if you are outside US.

Comment

Originally posted by leetgeezer View Post
                The idea is nice, but tell me: why do I have to call a phone number to hear anything? That is just plain stupid, especially if you are outside US.
                They said at the beginning of the seminar that they will supply the audio and slides as downloads after it ends. Thus far, it's (IMO) not much beyond the "here's how Spring works" level of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by pmularien View Post
                  They said at the beginning of the seminar that they will supply the audio and slides as downloads after it ends. Thus far, it's (IMO) not much beyond the "here's how Spring works" level of depth.
                  Well, I've been stuck in traffic for the past stupid number of hours. What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
                    Well, I've been stuck in traffic for the past stupid number of hours. What did I miss?
                    Not really all that much. Adrian focused at least the first half on the basic kind of "how Spring works" stuff. The last half started to get interesting, and had to be cut short for lack of time. There was some Powerpoint-level detail on some of the advanced bits around TX management, use of JMX, and others, but unfortunately not much useful (that I didn't already know, anyway) around actually deploying and managing Spring in production

Just my opinion - if you were new to Spring, it would have been a pretty good introduction to the framework, but having used it on several projects over a number of years, it didn't tell me anything new...

Comment

Was there any discussion on tuning? That was the bit I was actually interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
                        Was there any discussion on tuning? That was the bit I was actually interested in.
                        Me too, and no, nothing specific.

The last slide (IIRC) had about 6 bullet point "tips", but at that point Adrian had basically no time left to dive into meaningful detail.

The bit on Spring and JMX was interesting - I haven't tried hooking up a JMX tool to a Spring enabled app before - this was mentioned in the context of production monitoring and tuning.

Hopefully the next webinar is able to dive into deeper detail. I think the i21 CEO (?) mentioned at the beginning that they had 400-ish people in attendance, so I guess that means people were interested.

Comment

I missed the presentation had some issues on work.

To bad that the interesting stuff (for people who know spring fairly well already) wasn't covered. Hopefully we can look forward to a special session for this?

Comment

I missed the presentation had some issues on work.
                            me too

i have to work each day since 4 am to 22 hrs

regards

Comment

Looks like you can get hold of the whitepaper.
                              http://www.interface21.com/resources/whitepapers/

Comment

Working...
                              X