Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
in these days is smart learn j2ee with Spring in the java world? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in these days is smart learn j2ee with Spring in the java world?

Hello guys

i have a simple doubt

in these days is smart learn j2ee with Spring in the java world?
    sun release the EJB 3.0,
    well and Spring is powerful of course and i am happy with it
    but......

any experience and suggestion are appreciate

thanks for advanced

J2EE isn't EJB, so first of all do you need EJB? If you are happy with Spring, do you need anything else? I think it's always good to know what's out there, so it would be worth spending time understanding that. But if you don't need it, why use it.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
      J2EE isn't EJB, so first of all do you need EJB? If you are happy with Spring, do you need anything else? I think it's always good to know what's out there, so it would be worth spending time understanding that. But if you don't need it, why use it.
      While I agree mostly with what Karl is saying, but I would like to keep an eye on the developments going on in the standardization process. After all EJB 3.0 is a standard and JSR 299 (WebBeans) is an important development going on. Possibly we will have things like Seam and Guice plugged in to this stack. The main advantage with this stack will be its compliance to standards, which may be an important point to consider. I have been using Spring, and I love Spring, but possibly it makes sense to keep an eye on these developments in the EJB world ..

My $0.02.

- Debasish

Comment

Indeed, I try and read up on new developments as much as I can. Personally, I just find there aren't enough hours in the day. I try to get an understanding of what is out there and what is going on, and focus more on getting better at the technologies I am using. Hopefully by the time I get round to using them, they might have bedded in a little .

Comment

From my brief experience noodling with EJB 3 and Java EE 5, I can say that they are similar to Hibernate and Spring, but that Hibernate and Spring are still good for many applications. Java EE 5 introduces annotation-based dependency injection, which is *great* compared to the deployment descriptor mess of earlier Java EE apps. EJB 3 / JPA is really nice, but it is missing some critical features vs. Hibernate that make it hard to model very complex data structures. I think both should be interesting to watch in the (near) future. I can definitely say that they make getting simple Java EE apps started quickly much easier than it used to be.

Comment

thanks for the replies

If you are happy with Spring, do you need anything else? I think it's always good to know what's out there, so it would be worth spending time understanding that. But if you don't need it, why use it.
            good point, but how i see that Spring support or can work together with ejb, so why this reason?, only migrations purposes?

Possibly we will have things like Seam and Guice plugged in to this stack..The main advantage with this stack will be its compliance to standards, which may be an important point to consider. I have been using Spring, and I love Spring, but possibly it makes sense to keep an eye on these developments in the EJB world ..
            mmmm, so Spring avoid or not use some standars?, which ones?

I just find there aren't enough hours in the day. I try to get an understanding of what is out there and what is going on, and focus more on getting better at the technologies I am using.
            i am agree, the point is that exists somemany options out there and it would be cumbersome to us, trying to learn these options, of couse Spring is very cool, but happnes when we take some bad option?

From my brief experience noodling with EJB 3 and Java EE 5, I can say that they are similar to Hibernate and Spring, but that Hibernate and Spring are still good for many applications
            yes of course, both are based in Spring nd Hibernate
            the problem of Sun that never listen its comunity,
            reason important of the creation of .Net
            thats other history

regards

Comment

It all depends on what you want out of this and what you have to work with. Some companies like standards. Would you use Hibernate or JPA? Others just want the job done, so just use whatever works. As I said previously, I learn about the tools I'm using and also learn about tools to might help me.

Comment

I wonder why you talk about either Spring or standards

Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
                  I wonder why you talk about either Spring or standards
                  Not sure if that was related to my comment. I put standards in italics because I don't really buy into the word. Standards from an EJB, JPA, etc... perspective. Standards from the our company will always use XYZ framework to do this perspective. I'm not suggesting you use Spring or standards, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
                    Not sure if that was related to my comment.
                    This whole thread from the start seemed to be about either or for me.

Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
                      This whole thread from the start seemed to be about either or for me.
                      The entire Web Beans (JSR-299) proposal seems to an either or with Spring. It is going to be heavily influenced by Guice, Seam, Shale etc. and will be totally based on EJB 3.x technology.

Cheers.
                      - Debasish

Comment

thanks all guys

for your replies, well J2EE is only stay out there for me now

regards

Comment

Working...
                        X