Clear All

• book for Java Software Architect/Developer

is there a good book about
    Java Software Architect/Developer?
    i need information about this

i need detail information for Architect and Developer topics

any suggestion or advice is appreciate

thanks in advanced

What information are you looking for here? You can have a look at the Sun cert stuff for Java Architects. I'm not sure if there is one book that can make you an architect however.

Comment

What information are you looking for here?
      i would to say, all

You can have a look at the Sun cert stuff for Java Architects. I'm not sure if there is one book that can make you an architect however.
      thats the question, maybe one friend of your work can suggest you one

regards

and thanks for the reply

Comment

The only architects I know didn't just read a book and become one. They put in years of experiences to learn the tools and technologies. If there was a book I could read and become an experienced architect, I'd have done it a long time ago.

Comment

The only architects I know didn't just read a book and become one.
          i am agree

If there was a book I could read and become an experienced architect, I'd have done it a long time ago.
          take it easy friend, , maybe some resources or references, best practices can be useful

nobody learn this from the scratch

regards karl

Comment

Originally posted by dr_pompeii View Post
            take it easy friend, , maybe some resources or references, best practices can be useful
            I would really like it be as easy as reading a book, years of experiences sounds too long to wait . There are plenty of books out there, a good number of people have recommended Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture. Rod Johnson's books were also worth reading.
            http://www.amazon.com/Patterns-Enter.../dp/0321127420

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
              The only architects I know didn't just read a book and become one. They put in years of experiences to learn the tools and technologies. If there was a book I could read and become an experienced architect, I'd have done it a long time ago.
              I agree with what Karl said One thing that (IMO) helps a lot for an architect is exposure to (1) large, complex systems, and (2) a wide variety of experience with different technologies. Working within one technology, or within one system, for a long period of time generally promotes single-mindedness, or an inability to see beyond the day-to-day -- qualities which make for bad architecture. The best architects that I have worked with had experience in many, many technologies and industry verticals, and could draw on that experience to design extremely complex systems with the technology and OO principles that "make sense".

Comment

Have you got any general book recommendations Peter for improving ones knowledge?

Comment

ki karl

thanks for the reply

a good number of people have recommended Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture. Rod Johnson's books were also worth reading.
                  http://www.amazon.com/Patterns-Enter.../dp/0321127420
                  the book in your link, the author is Martin Fowler ,

which book was written by Rod Johnson's and suggest?

I agree with what Karl said One thing that (IMO) helps a lot for an architect is exposure to (1) large, complex systems, and (2) a wide variety of experience with different technologies.
                  ok

The best architects that I have worked with had experience in many, many technologies and industry verticals, and could draw on that experience to design extremely complex systems with the technology and OO principles that "make sense".
                  mm, so it this almost imposible has a book with good recomendations

Have you got any general book recommendations Peter for improving ones knowledge?
                  yes, have you got?

best wishes

Comment

There are links in Rod's profile.
                    http://www.interface21.com/people/rjohnson.html

Comment

thanks Karl

i will take a look about the book

tell me
                      have you already read it?
                      can you share your opinion?

If you have a look at my blog, there are a list of books I like.
                      exaclty where?, i cant see it

regards
                      Last edited by dr_pompeii; Aug 30th, 2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I've read both of them, I really enjoyed them. It's nice to get an idea about the roots and origins of Spring. Learnt quite a lot from both of them. If you have a look at my blog, there are a list of books I like.

Comment

I've read both of them, I really enjoyed them.
                          written by Rod right (wrox books)?

time is my hell damn

grrrrr

Comment

written by Rod right (wrox books)?
                            Yes that's the ones.

time is my hell damn
                            Tell me about it, 24 hours in a day just isn't enough!

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
                              Sorry Karl, I missed this reply - I don't check this forum as frequently as the Web one. Actually, no - I have been really bad about reading books in the past few years. The last one I read was to brush up on Java EE 5 (the Bill Burke / RMH EJB book).

I admit that I haven't read a single book on Spring - all I've learned was from the official docs, and using it in 3 relatively complex projects. This could be my personal learning style, though - I much prefer to learn either (1) by playing with a technology myself, or (2) learning high level design and concepts from people who are actually building interesting architectures themselves. For some reason I find this type of learning sticks in my head more than reading a 500+ pp technical book

I do have a couple book recommendations from other people queued up though, so once I get through them, I'll post back if any are interesting. I'll look over the books you've recommended as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X