Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• share your experience: minimum requeriment of hardware

Hello dear members

about your own experience,

which would be your best recommendation of hardware for a one pc working how server?

yes i know, each problem has its own requeriments (maybe a cluster, different numbers of end user i.e: 10 to 100000, etc etc)

but i want to see the differents approach to do that

thanks for advanced

It's very hard to come up with a number. My desktop is a 2Ghz dual-core and it has 3.5Gb of RAM if that helps at all. Still doesn't stop Eclipse crashing on me though .

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
      Still doesn't stop Eclipse crashing on me though .
      Wow, haven't achieved that lately. Have you increased Eclipse's memory settings (eclipse.ini)?

Joerg

Comment

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
        Wow, haven't achieved that lately. Have you increased Eclipse's memory settings (eclipse.ini)?
        I've tried every single tip or trick I can find. It's actually much more stable in the latest Europa release and these days it's only a few times a week rather than a few times a day.

Comment

My desktop is a 2Ghz dual-core and it has 3.5Gb of RAM if that helps at all. Still doesn't stop Eclipse crashing on me though .
          really wondered, i have 1gb ram , Intel p4 HT 3.4gz in linux

I work in linux with almost 9 desktops each ones has spreaded 68 windows of eclipse, and each of these windows at least 5-6 tabs/subwindows of code (i hope that this can be easy to understand) , if i try open more windows and inside of them more tabs o subwindows of code i would have the risk to recieve the crash

maybe you use myeclipse?, i used too before but eat resources like hell

I've tried every single tip or trick I can find.
          mm check here
          maybe this would be useful
          http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.ph...702&highlight=

see this special part
          -vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx512M -XX:PermSize=64M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M
          the values shown above are for one giga , try asking in the forum for 3.5gb

thats resolve my problem (forget about myeclipse) the command is to start eclipse

until here, no one did a response to my question

which would be your best recommendation of hardware for a one pc working how server?

best wishes

Comment

I do actually use MyEclipse, as I said it is more stable these days and I have already increased the memory. As I said it's hard to come up with a number for the server, my desktop machine runs our software and I think we run our external facing copy on a box like that as well. It does depend though on lots of factors, the number of concurrent users is an important one.

Comment

I do actually use MyEclipse, as I said it is more stable these days and I have already increased the memory
              which version of eclipse and myeclipse you have?

It does depend though on lots of factors, the number of concurrent users is an important one.
              more than 1000

regards

Comment

Originally posted by dr_pompeii View Post
                which version of eclipse and myeclipse you have?
                I'm running the new europa release of eclipse, I think myeclipse is 6.0 or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                X