• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good summary, kantorn. I couldn't have stated it better

Comment

Maybe start a topic ' 5 reason why .... '

Comment

Originally posted by kantorn View Post
        Getting pretty tired of all the complaining for bloated XML-configurations. Use another way if you are so fed up with XML. Using Spring is optional. Don't use it if you think it stinks!
        I agree with you, the problem is I keep meeting people who've read these things without questioning what they've read. It's always nice when there are a constructive comments to support or shoot it down. It's so much easier to tell people read that as well, instead of me having to get into the same discussions over and over again.
        Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

There's a guy who replied to this post with a good sense of humor :

http://jroller.com/page/wiradikusuma...sons_why_i_won

It's a good answer and it's also quite funny!

Comment

Originally posted by kantorn View Post
            Just a general thought on blogging....
            Seems that the possibility to have your "fifteen minutes of fame" has gone a bit exagerated these days. There is a lot of Java blogs and curiously each and every one of them seem to be written by self-appointed Java top-of-the-line-experts. Well, if this guy has found other solutions... Good for him! Let him and his team use whatever framework he wishes, but....
            *sigh* Getting pretty tired of all the complaining for bloated XML-configurations. Use another way if you are so fed up with XML. Using Spring is optional. Don't use it if you think it stinks!
            But it's always easier to bash something without being analytical about it. If you write a poorly researched article bashing something without doing decent background research, people who don't read deeply will take it as fact. It's unfortunate that the editorial selection at TSS has gotten so poor that they publish blog entries like this as "fact" or at least as believable enough so that they make it onto the front page.

Since Spring's gotten enough of these types of articles published at this point, I wonder if the i21 folks (or the community) would be interested in publishing some articles comparing and contrasting Spring with other frameworks. I think a lot of the hubris is solely based on ignorance of what Spring is actually good at (that was my impression reading many of the comments on TSS and the author's blog). Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by pmularien View Post
              Since Spring's gotten enough of these types of articles published at this point, I wonder if the i21 folks (or the community) would be interested in publishing some articles comparing and contrasting Spring with other frameworks. I think a lot of the hubris is solely based on ignorance of what Spring is actually good at (that was my impression reading many of the comments on TSS and the author's blog). Thoughts?
              The complaints general seem to focus around XML, but there have been numerous articles answering this in the past. It would be good to see some more articles as you say, if it's from the source would people believe it?

Comment

like i said

if he dont want use Spring for his 5 reasons, what other better option he can take???
                The complaints general seem to focus around XML, but there have been numerous articles answering this in the past.
                really i cant see the huge porblem with xml, is easy , cumbersome??, i dont think so

I wonder if the i21 folks (or the community) would be interested in publishing some articles comparing and contrasting Spring with other frameworks.
                yes, i am sure, this would be a real ballpain for other frameworks ,
                and if TSS can post the results

Comment

Originally posted by dr_pompeii View Post
                  i cant see the huge porblem with xml, is easy , cumbersome??, i dont think so
                  I think there are some valid points regarding the XML configuration, but all of these can be addressed in one way or another. IMHO, the point has been hashed and re-hashed soooo many times now there's not that much more to say.

Comment

Keep posting javaconfig as an alternative but until it is out of experimental status and not so 'subject to change' who's going to rely on it?

Comment

This recent blog talks about this issue.
                      http://blog.interface21.com/main/200...-moving-ahead/

Comment

Some interesting thoughts on configuration here as well ..

Cheers.
                        - Debasish

Comment

Working...
                        X