Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring in practice

Hi,

I'm interesting to use Spring in our new project, but I'm not sure to Spring stability and reliability. Can you help me in my decision? Please, send me some references to projects where Spring was successfully used, or write mi your own experiences.

thanks

Peter

Here (http://www.springframework.com/users.html) are some references to projects running using Spring. For some of the major corporation we won't be able to post references since they simply don't allow it.

If you need more detailed information, you can always contact me or somebody else from the Spring team, they'll probably be happy to share experiences.

Alef

Comment

Originally posted by Alef Arendsen
      Here (http://www.springframework.com/users.html) are some references to projects running using Spring. For some of the major corporation we won't be able to post references since they simply don't allow it.

If you need more detailed information, you can always contact me or somebody else from the Spring team, they'll probably be happy to share experiences.

Alef
      You may add two intranet projects for a major european pharma firm (which I am not allowed to mention):

A documentum-related project, with a full Documentum abstraction library built on the spring core (template / action implementation and a spring documentum tx manager) This application includes complex xsl 2.0 views, parametrizable attribute fetch engine (through spring ioc) for documents and folders, and pdf report generation. This application (simple document-management for a library of legal documents) has much more functionalities tahn the one it replaces, it was developed in three weeks by one developer (me ;-) ), including full dctm abstraction framework dvlpt, which took 1 1/2 week. Note that 3 days were spent on XSL sheets definitions, so you have 1 week of java development.

A graph generation project, using JFreeChart and hibernate, that supports pie charts, gantt charts, threshold charts and tabular data display. It was developed in two weeks, with more than one week dedicated to javascript development (due to highly interactive needs for html pages)

The guys in the pharma sector are always very conservative, but the person responsible for architectural guidelines plans to make heavy use of spring (I do not know more, since I left last week).

Hope it will convince you

Comment

All dynamic elements of http://www.premierleague.com , the FA Premier League football site (high traffic) run on Spring. As Alef noted, there are many enterprise users, including a US online banking service from a leading bank that handles millions of page views per day, but we aren't allowed to name names in most cases.

Comment

More commercial usage

Hi Rod & Juergen,

You can add our product to the list - Logical Apps product called AppsCreate makes heavy usage of the Spring Framework.

You can visit our website (www.logicalapps.com) for a list of some of the customers we have deployed on Spring already for sizable intranet projects.

In our experience, Spring has been key to us reaching scalability and stablility metrics that would have been MUCH harder to reach doing stock EJB/JSP programming. All components are modeled as beans, with heavy use of AOP and interceptors. All views were done using Velocity (as opposed to JSP).

In a nutshell - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Comment

Working...
          X