Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The spam seems to be coming and going one day we get loads then it is quiet again for days. But still the offer made in the beginning of this Thread still stands, I would be happy to scan/remove the spam from the forum.

Comment

I'm less often now in these forum and catching up the threads from the last visit. But I come across spam posts quite often. Are people no longer reporting spam or does it not get removed anymore? This is really annoying ...

Joerg

Comment

I'm still reporting spam(users) not sure if the calls get picked up. But still reporting here.

Comment

Originally posted by mdeinum View Post
          I'm still reporting spam(users) not sure if the calls get picked up. But still reporting here.
          Me too. And I indeed have the impression that reported posts will be removed quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
            I'm less often now in these forum and catching up the threads from the last visit. But I come across spam posts quite often. Are people no longer reporting spam or does it not get removed anymore? This is really annoying ...

Joerg
            I report it when I see it, but I admit that I don't read all the forums on here.

Comment

The spammers are back. Does anyone from SpringSource care?

Comment

Give a few users (that can be trusted) the right to move a spam message to a hidden topic. The SpringSource guys can check if is is really spam. I think I could remove a few spam messages a day (almost every time I check I see spam).

Comment

We do the best we can. If you see spam, report it and we will remove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
                    We do the best we can. If you see spam, report it and we will remove it.
                    If you give me the rights to move a topic, I can remove a lot of spam for you. Do it with an extra few users, and we can remove it a lot faster than it currently is happening. Making the spam disappear faster, would make this forum less attractive for spammers.

Call it lightweight moderators.

Comment

Solution easily hunt spammers

Hi Friends,
                      I think we can handle most of these spams automatically ( without disturbing admins), If we can do something like follow.
                      1. Add a mechanism to mark a post by any other user as that post is spam or not. ( like rating articles, Two check boxes for marking spam or not) .
                      2. Then If a number ( let say 10 users) of users has marked any post as a spam, then system will automatically delete relevant user and relevant post.

thanks & regards,

Manjula

Comment

Hi Manjula,

this is indeed the plan that we're planning to implement however due to technical issues and other things (that I personally am unaware of) this has been delayed.
                        Ideally, the solution would something between number of user reports plus the user trust (age, number of posts and so on) so that users on the other hand, cannot abuse the system (not that this is going to happen but just to be on the safe side).

Cheers,

Comment

# Then If a number ( let say 10 users) of users has marked any post as a spam, then system will automatically delete relevant user and relevant post
                          i am agree, but think that it should be 2 groups of 5 users, why?
                          differences of times among country 6-13 hrs , so we must put users that can control 24hrs the forum

now the second task, make the list

regards

Comment

There are enough fora that don't pay moderators, but moderators do a good job controlling the forum and don't abuse it. Having a democratic process to drop spam sounds a littlebit 'too much'. Spam should be removed as soon as possible.

Letting a 'litemod/spammod' move a message to a designated spam topic, should provide enough control for the SpringSource crew, but it also is fast enough to discourage spamming.

[edit]
                            I already see 3 spammessages that could have been removed by a 'spammod'.

[edit2]
                            And maybe adding some kind of filter: Unlocked, Apple, Nokia, IPhone etc should do the trick.
                            Last edited by Alarmnummer; May 16th, 2008, 07:59 AM.

Comment

A hell of spam, 6 spans in 6 sections ,
                              a fast solution guys

no crap in the forum

Comment

Working...
                              X