X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 again .

Well lets wait until it is here, before complaining .

I'm glad the spam(users) are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
      Let just hope its not one of those horrible credit systems.
      Oh, yes, they are so stupid! I would not have any chance against you answering all questions

And as we can see here it works perfectly without as well.

For the spam thing: Would it be possible to remove a post as soon as somebody reported a post? If the report is not seen as valid it could be re-released and seen by others. This would make spam nearly useless. And I can't really imagine a misuse of this functionality as this forum is very civilized.

Jörg

Comment

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
        Oh, yes, they are so stupid! I would not have any chance against you answering all questions
        I'm still learning too, I'm sure you've answered questions I'm stumped on. Marten's right though, let's see what happens.......... we shall see

Comment

Originally posted by Costin Leau View Post
          All I can say is that we are working on a solution to greatly improve (IMO) the forums. I'd like to be a surprise and I hope/think that in 1 month or so you'll see the results for yourself.
          Just wondered if there was any more news on this. I appreciate you guys are busy.

Comment

guys

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=37122
            http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=37118
            more other spans

grrr, where is my gun

Comment

Not much you can do apart from mark them as spam. I'd be quite happy to remove them, if someone let me do it .

Comment

sounds good

people of trust to help the busy hands of the administration,i think

Comment

It would be great if the time between reporting spam was lowered. Having to wait 60 seconds between each means it takes ages . It's taken over ten minutes to mark all the spam, seems a little daft.
                  Last edited by karldmoore; Apr 28th, 2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

again more spans

I'd be quite happy to remove them, if someone let me do it
                    if i can help , i accept

karl is in england, in the other side of the world, maybe when he is in night for me is early morning, this can take more control for the forum (try to control 24hrs), maybe others old members can accept this option, but all depends of course of the moderators

regards

Comment

It would be nice if more people could remove the spam. The big issue at the moment is the time it takes to report the spam. As I said previously you have to wait one minute between marking the posts. There were numerous spam posts yesterday (think it was about eight), this took ages to report. I'm sure other people have given up reporting it as it takes so long.

Comment

The big issue at the moment is the time it takes to report the spam. As I said previously you have to wait one minute between marking the posts.
                        if the worst and better solution, ... we should use it

regards

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
                          There were numerous spam posts yesterday (think it was about eight), this took ages to report.
                          Yes, that's awkward. Fortunately, often several spam post are from the same user, so I just mark one as spam and mention in the report that there are more from the same user. Saves time for me and seems to work. After all, finding and removing all posts of a user should not be too hard for a moderator.

Regards,
                          Andreas

Comment

Originally posted by Andreas Senft View Post
                            Yes, that's awkward. Fortunately, often several spam post are from the same user, so I just mark one as spam and mention in the report that there are more from the same user. Saves time for me and seems to work. After all, finding and removing all posts of a user should not be too hard for a moderator.
                            Yeah I've done this before myself, I might go back to doing that. Sometimes unless all of the posts are named some get left behind. Ooohhh well, it will save me a few minutes anyway .

Comment

For the spam thing: Would it be possible to remove a post as soon as somebody reported a post? If the report is not seen as valid it could be re-released and seen by others. This would make spam nearly useless. And I can't really imagine a misuse of this functionality as this forum is very civilized.
                              Re-asking for this feature ... instead I have to wait 60 s to report spams.

Jörg

Comment

Re-asking for this feature ... instead I have to wait 60 s to report spams.
                                It would be nice to change this. I adopted Andreas's approach and simply marked one post as spam naming that the author has posted a few more.

Comment

Working...
                                X