X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam hunters

It appears that the Spring forum also is subject to Spam. The last few months I have seen quite an increase of spam. If there is any need for extra spam hunters, I'm willing to assist. *Hates spam*

Ditto, I've been reporting the posts. I guess it's just the lag before a forum admin can remove them.

Comment

+1 here. Been reporting posts to. Isn't there some kind of filter or add-on for vBulletin which can check for possible spam posts?!

Comment

I guess there are, but these things are pretty clever. One of the ones recently actually made sensible comments, but had an advert URL at the bottom. So the post would read "I'm having the same problem to, can you help.", or "I can't find the information in the manual either". Only reason I noticed was that it kept posting similar comments quite randomly.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhh more spam!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just noticed it to. Did send in some reports.

Can't the users issueing the spam be disabled/deleted? Some of them seem to have posted more spam than just one message.

Comment

I know what you mean. There was a user last week that had spam removed and was only banned this week when more was added. Maybe some kind of second chance? I'd just delete them.

Comment

+1 here. If they didn't have any normal posts and where just spamming, disable them at once if they had some postings it could be a hacked account.

Comment

Indeed! I think the accounts are typically new ones. Create an Account. Created post some spam. Rinse, repeat!

Comment

Sorry about the spam guys. I've been quite busy and haven't been on the forum since 1 Jan which I think is the longest time I can remember. ColinS, the forum admin has been also doing a lot of traveling and the spammers seemed to have taken advantage of that.
                    I've deleted the spam and soon the users will be deleted also.
                    All I can say is that we are working on a solution to greatly improve (IMO) the forums. I'd like to be a surprise and I hope/think that in 1 month or so you'll see the results for yourself.
                    If there is any spam left, just report it again as I'll be watching.

Comment

Thanks Costin! You were missed, thought you must be busy writing Spring 3.0 . Interested in these forum changes, looking forward to it.

Comment

Ah Costin welcome back .

We'll keep reporting ofcourse just as we keep filling the Springs JIRA tracker. Improve the forums, sounds great, I hope this doesn't mean we need to start with a new forum. The old posts will remain I hope?

Comment

You don't fancy starting from zero again . It's a fair point though, I still refer back to the archive on a regular basis. It would be a shame if we have to start from scratch.

Comment

Hmm nah I would lose my postcount .

But indeed I refer back to the old posts/archive also on a regular basis. A lot of things have been answered already or can point someone in the right direction.

Comment

Let just hope its not one of those horrible credit systems. Although they are useful, I don't really like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X