X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humor: Rod Johnson & "Self-Defense Against Knife Attacks"

Disclaimer: this post is most likely 100% not suited for the "Announcements" forum; however, since there is no appropriate place for Spring related humor, I've decided to post it here anyway. Having said that...

I just received the most bizarre book recommendation from Amazon.de. Here's an excerpt from it:

Liebe Kundin, lieber Kunde!

Wir haben festgestellt, dass Kunden, die Interesse an Büchern von Rod Johnson gezeigt haben, "Self-Defense Against Knife Attacks" von Christian Braun bestellt haben. Daher möchten wir Sie darüber informieren, dass Self-Defense Against Knife Attacks von Christian Braun in Kürze erscheinen wird. Bestellen Sie jetzt Ihr Exemplar vor!
    That translates to:

Dear customer!

We've noticed that customers who have shown an interest in books from Rod Johnson have also ordered "Self-Defense Against Knife Attacks" by Christian Braun. Therefore, we would like to inform you that "Self-Defense Against Knife Attacks" by Christian Braun will soon be available. Order your copy today!
    Coincidence?

@Rod: have you been giving seminars on best practices in self-defense as a hobby on the side?

cheers,

Sam

This is hilarious. Sometimes threads on the ServerSide can get pretty robust, but so far no physical weapons have been used, as far as I know...

Comment

Originally posted by sbrannen View Post
      Disclaimer: this post is most likely 100% not suited for the "Announcements" forum; however, since there is no appropriate place for Spring related humor, I've decided to post it here anyway. Having said that...
      I guess I got an indirect answer to my assumption, since the thread got moved to the "Meta" forum. I thought it had simply gotten deleted. Thanks to whoever moved it for me.

Originally posted by Rod Johnson View Post
      This is hilarious. Sometimes threads on the ServerSide can get pretty robust, but so far no physical weapons have been used, as far as I know...
      I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.

cheers,

Sam

Comment

Only just seen this, it's genius. More importantly Sam, did you buy the book just in case . I guess I didn't fully understand the concept of "Extreme Programming", glad of the warning.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
          I guess I didn't fully understand the concept of "Extreme Programming", glad of the warning.
          Yeah, and remember an agile process is your friend when working with those "extreme programmers".

Comment

Originally posted by manifoldronin View Post
            Yeah, and remember an agile process is your friend when working with those "extreme programmers".
            Now I understand all those subliminal messages that are being thrown at us. Agile, Extreme Programming, Defensive Programming,......... hmmm I wonder .
            Last edited by karldmoore; Feb 28th, 2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X