X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Search Length

With the forums approaching 80,000 posts, would it be possible for the forum administrators to lower the minimum length for a searchable word to be three (3) letters? Searching for relevant items such as "binding map" only returns results which match "binding" as "map" is removed for being too short.

Thanks!

I second that - only in my case, I was searching for "JPA", and the search was rejected as being too short!

Comment

+1. Its a pain.

Comment

JDO, JMS, JMX, JNI, JPA, JRE, JSF, JSP, JTA, HQL, ... - there are tons of related technologies I'd like to have a posibility to search for. It's a real pain! Please lower the min. search length to 2.

Comment

Originally posted by ojs View Post
          JDO, JMS, JMX, JNI, JPA, JRE, JSF, JSP, JTA, HQL, ... - there are tons of related technologies I'd like to have a posibility to search for. It's a real pain! Please lower the min. search length to 2.
          Hmmmm, but four characters, POJO is valid. Obviously an attempt to over throw all other acronyms by preventing them being searched upon.

Comment

The forum search definitely needs to be less restrictive.

I want to search for WML and WAP - two perfectly valid phrases, yet I can't because they are "too short".

Comment

Working...
            X