X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maven 2 archetype for webapp-minimal

I'm been playing with maven 2. Attached is a tiny eclipse project that will build an archetype for the spring samples webapp-minimal (see description comment in the top-level pom). I found it a pretty useful learning experience, but I reckon it's a good way to package things, even if the maven docs have a long way to come.

You don't have to use the attachment as an eclipse project. Just unpack and run "mvn install" from the root directory, and you can create an archetype project (in a different directory) with

Code:
    mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=minimal \
      -DarchetypeGroupId=org.springframework.samples \
      -DarchetypeArtifactId=archetype-webapp-minimal -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0
    Then you should be able to "cd minimal; mvn jetty:run", and see the
    app come up on localhost:8080/minimal. Cool!

Any use? Someone would have to add licensing and url information to publish it at ibiblio.

P.S. I heard that the core Spring team were moving to mave 2 for everything. I noticed that ibiblio only has 2.0-M4 as the most recent spring build. I guess you guys are not really serious about it yet?

Originally posted by david_syer
    I noticed that ibiblio only has 2.0-M4 as the most recent spring build. I guess you guys are not really serious about it yet?
    The repos are current. Set your dependency up like this:

Code:
        <dependency>
          <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
          <artifactId>spring-core</artifactId>
          <version>2.0-rc2</version>
        </dependency>
    It works just fine.

Comment

Wrong Group Id

My apologies. I was looking at the groupId=springframework. Isn't that a bit confusing (to have two groupIds refer to the same project)?

Comment

Working...
      X