• Show
Clear All

• Spring Web Developer Certification characteristics

Hi,

I am preparing for this test.

Where can I get the following details?

1. Number of Questions in the test
    2. Time Limit
    3. Passing Requirement (e.g. %, number of questions)
    4. Types of Questions (e.g. multiple choice single answer, true false, multiple choice multiple answers, drag and drop, etc.)

I will appreciate it.

- j

Hi,
    Did you ever get a reply to this? Or have you already taken your exam?

I have my exam booked for next week, so would be interested in how you found yours. Did you pass? How hard was it? Any tips?

Cheers
    Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy View Post
      Hi,
      Did you ever get a reply to this? Or have you already taken your exam?

I have my exam booked for next week, so would be interested in how you found yours. Did you pass? How hard was it? Any tips?

Cheers
      Nathan

Hi Jakes,

I did get a reply. It is at the bottom of this message.

I am still studying for the exam.

The reply:

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 22:33:58 +0000
      > From: [email protected]
      > To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      > Subject: RE: Case 13277936902: Spring Web Developer Certification [ ref:_00D409hQR._50080N5iyF:ref ]
      >
      > Hi Jesus,
      >
      > Below are the exam details:
      >
      > 1. Number of Questions in the test - 50
      > 2. Time Limit – 90 minutes
      > 3. Passing Requirement (e.g. %, number of questions) 75%
      > 4. Types of Questions (e.g. multiple choice single answer, true – false, multiple choice multiple answers, drag and drop, etc.) – all multiple choice
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > VMware Certification Advocate.
      >
      >
      >
      > --------------- Original Message ---------------
      > From: EduOps-WWCertification [[email protected]]
      > Sent: 2/12/2013 12:04 PM
      > To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      > Subject: RE: Case 13277936902: Spring Web Developer Certification [ ref:_00D409hQR._50080N5iyF:ref ]
      >
      > Hi Jesus,
      >
      > After checking we noticed that the information you are looking for is not available on the website. Therefore, we are asking for the information. As soon as we receive it, we will contact you.
      >
      > Regards,
      >

Comment

Hi Jesus,
        Thanks for your reply. As mentioned, I have my exam booked for next week, so once I've done it I will try to remember to post some details about how hard it was and the type of questions etc.

Good luck with your studies,

Cheers
        Nathan

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy View Post
          Hi Jesus,
          Thanks for your reply. As mentioned, I have my exam booked for next week, so once I've done it I will try to remember to post some details about how hard it was and the type of questions etc.

Good luck with your studies,

Cheers
          Nathan
          We will appreciate that.

Just in case the email above was confusing, the answer from SpringSource regarding type of questions is: all multiple choice

Before I posted it here yesterday, I misread it myself as having many kinds of questions including true-false. only multiple choice I guess. It could be the same as the core exam which has multiple-choice-1-answer and multiple-choice-1-or-more-answer.

Here is the more complete email so that it is clearer.

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 22:33:58 +0000
          > From: [email protected]
          > To: xxxxxxxxxx
          >
          > Hi Jesus,
          >
          > Below are the exam details:
          >
          > 1. Number of Questions in the test - 50
          > 2. Time Limit – 90 minutes
          > 3. Passing Requirement (e.g. %, number of questions) 75%
          > 4. Types of Questions (e.g. multiple choice single answer, true – false, multiple choice multiple answers, drag and drop, etc.) – all multiple choice
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > From: EduOps-WWCertification [[email protected]]
          > Sent: 2/12/2013 12:04 PM
          > To: xxxxxxxxxx
          >
          > Hi Jesus,
          >
          > After checking we noticed that the information you are looking for is not available on the website. Therefore, we are asking for the information. As soon as we receive it, we will contact you.
          >
          > Regards,
          >
          >
          > From: Jesus Calimlim Angeles Jr. [xxxxxxxxxx]
          > Sent: 2/7/2013 7:50 PM
          > To: [email protected]
          > Subject: RE: Case 13277936902: Spring Web Developer Certification [
          > ref:_00D409hQR._50080N5iyF:ref ]
          >
          > Hi,
          >
          > Just following up.
          >
          > I did not find the information on the website you mentioned.
          >
          > To reiterate, the details I need are the following, for the Spring MVC exam:
          >
          > 1. Number of Questions in the test
          > 2. Time Limit
          > 3. Passing Requirement (e.g. %, number of questions)
          > 4. Types of Questions (e.g. multiple choice single answer, true �C false, multiple choice multiple answers, drag and drop, etc.)

>
          >
          > In addition, if you can point me where I can also get these same information for Spring Integration exam, I will appreciate it.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Jesus

Comment

OK, as promised, here's some details of the exam that I took today.

The exam I took was RichWeb3.0 "Rich Web/Spring Web certification (based on Spring 3.0)", and the sections were:

1 - Overview
            2 - MVC Essentials 1
            3 - MVC Essentials 2
            4 - MVC Views
            5 - MVC Forms
            6 - WebFlow Getting Started
            7 - WebFlow Language Essentials
            8 - WebFlow Actions
            9 - Web Security

The questions were all presented in that order (ie. there were some overview questions, followed by MVC essentials, followed by views etc). Other forums have suggested that this exam (and the main Spring Core exam) are based very heavily on the course material and test whether you were paying attention in class rather than the subject matter. Having done this exam, I would sort of agree with that - the sections above are straight from the course, and some (but not all) of the questions are very familiar from the course (eg: there was a question that referenced the rewards network)

There were a total of 50 questions. They were all multiple choice. Some were radio buttons where you could only select 1 answer, and the questions were "choose the one that is ..." and some where "choose the one that is not ..."
            Others were checkboxes where you could select more that one answer. For these, in the question text it would either say "choose more than one answer" or "choose one or more than on answer"

I can't remember the exact spread of questions, but I do remember that there were 3 questions on security (the last 3 questions), and that the first 1 or 2 questions were the overview ones. As I was doing the exam, I felt that there were a lot of questions on WebFlow - I think perhaps 14 questions. But now I've seen the sections (you get that at the end of the exam) I would say there were 4 or 5 questions on each of the 3 webflow sections.

So, to try to work out the proportion of questions per section, I think it might be something like this:

1 - Overview - I think 2 questions max (I got 100%)
            2 - MVC Essentials 1 - Maybe 8 questions, see below (I got 88%)
            3 - MVC Essentials 2 - Maybe 8 questions, see below (I got 88%)
            4 - MVC Views - Maybe 8 questions, see below (I got 100%)
            5 - MVC Forms - Maybe 7 questions, see below (I got 72%)
            6 - WebFlow Getting Started - 4 questions (my report said I got 75%, so I think this is one wrong out of 4)
            7 - WebFlow Language Essentials - I think 5 questions (I got 100%)
            8 - WebFlow Actions - I think 5 questions (I got 100%)
            9 - Web Security - Definitely 3 questions (I got 100%)

I've worked out the above as follows:
            • My overall score was 90%, so that means I got a total of 5 questions wrong
            • For MVC Forms, if there were 7 questions, and I if got 2 wrong, that would mean a pass rate of (about) 72%
            • For MVC Essentials 1, if there were 8 questions, and I got 1 wrong, that would mean a pass rate of (about) 88%
            • For MVC Essentials 2, if there were 8 questions, and I got 1 wrong, that would mean a pass rate of (about) 88%
            • For MVC Views, I think there may have been 8 questions based on my assertions for the other sections
            I think I got 5 questions wrong, so based on the above that would mean:
            • 1 wrong in MVC Essentials 1
            • 1 wrong in MVC Essentials 2
            • 2 wrong in MVC Forms
            • 1 wrong in WebFlow getting started

The exam itself was reasonably straightforward. As mentioned, it did closely resemble the course material. My revision was based heavily on the course material (as suggested by the official study guide PDF)

I'll see if I can post some sample questions later (if I can remember them! )

Hope this helps, and good luck with your studies;
            Cheers

Nathan

Comment

• ccottondc
              ccottondc commented
              Editing a comment
              Rich Web is not the correct certification for those who recently completed the Spring Web 3.1 training. The correct certification is the one for Spring Web 3.1 or 3.2. The Rich Web certification is from 2011 and it 2014. The Spring Web 3.1/3.2 certification does cover REST, @RequestParam, @PathVariable, Exception handling

Oh, some other points. There were absolutely no questions at all on:
            • Ajax and/or Spring Javascript
            • RESTful services, @RequestBody, @ResponseBody
            • @RequestParam
            • @PathVariable
            • Exception handling
            • Tiles or view layout strategies
            • Testing (except 1 question about testing webflow)
            • Roo

Cheers

Nathan

Comment

Congrats!

- j

--------------------------------------------------------------------
              [SpringSource Certified Spring Professional (Spring Certification) - Practice Tests]
              [SpringSource Certified Spring Web Application Developer (Spring Certification) - Practice Tests]
              Last edited by jcruz; Sep 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Congratulations and thank you for so many details! I just finished the training and I am planning to take the exam in November and I was quite worried I couldn't find anyone who took it to ask about it.

Comment

Hello everyone..
                  I have been through these quite easily with my friends help. but still you have to study things in depth like
                  1 - Overview - I think 2 questions max (I got 100%)
                  2 - MVC Essentials 1 - Maybe 8 questions, see below (I got 88%)
                  3 - MVC Essentials 2 - Maybe 8 questions, see below (I got 88%)
                  4 - MVC Views - Maybe 8 questions, see below (I got 100%)
                  5 - MVC Forms - Maybe 7 questions, see below (I got 72%)
                  6 - WebFlow Getting Started - 4 questions (my report said I got 75%, so I think this is one wrong out of 4)
                  7 - WebFlow Language Essentials - I think 5 questions (I got 100%)
                  8 - WebFlow Actions - I think 5 questions (I got 100%)
                  9 - Web Security - Definitely 3 questions (I got 100%)

There have been many training centers like below at almost every place which would give useful support and training which could be very handy at the time of working.

Comment

Working...
                  X