Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the Release Schedule for vFabric Products?

Dear Members

Fedora Core team has its own release schedule just like this Releases/17/Schedule

And all the SpringSource's projects appear here , where I can choice a specific project and later do click in versions option to see its release schedule.

For example the follow is for Spring Core

Where I can find the Release Schedule for each vFabric technology available? (Hyperic, tc Server, RabbitMQ, GemFire etc). I did the same question in VMware community support (through emails), and they told me to make the same question in this forum.

BTW these technologies are referred in http://www.springsource.com/

Thanks in advanced

Where is the Release Schedule for vFabric Products

Thank you for your inquiry on the vFabric roadmap. Since we are a public company, commercial product roadmaps are governed by VMware legal and finance teams with respect to how much detail we can provide as to future release schedules and future release contents due to revenue recognition and other constraints imposed by the nature of the business. What I can tell you as that in general we are striving towards a more regular release cycle for the vFabric Suite, which is a bundle of the vast majority of the vFabric branded products. We are striving for a regular 2 releases (either major or minor) updates per year. The vFabric Suite 5.1 was released on May 22nd, 2012, so you can draw some conclusions from that about when we are targeting the next several set of releases for vFabric. I hope this helps your planning and our flexibility to offer roadmaps under NDA with specific customers is more flexible than the public roadmaps, so please contact your account team to set up something with Product Management if you would like more detail or have a specific inquiry.

Thank you,

James Bayer
    Sr. Product Manager

Comment

Hello James

Thanks a lot for the reply and detailed information.

Since we are a public company, commercial product roadmaps are governed by VMware legal and finance teams
      Oh OK, I understand.

We are striving for a regular 2 releases (either major or minor) updates per year
      Good to know that

I want write more tutorials for each vFabric technology, but, when I already wrote two tutorials, then a new version came available, in a good sense, I want keep the tutorials within the same version, thats why I asked for the release schedule. I hope you see my point

The vFabric Suite 5.1 was released on May 22nd, 2012, so you can draw some conclusions from that about when we are targeting the next several set of releases for vFabric.
      Excellent advice.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
      X