X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring user groups?

I really enjoyed the spring experience and I got to thinking of ways to, somewhat, recreate that great learning experience by starting a local, Boston, user group.

At Thursday's lunch I noticed that most of the people at my table where from my area, Boston. In fact one guy lived just down the road.

Wonder if anyone has started a local user group for Spring?

Boston does already have a great Java user's group, nejug.org, but I'm just blown away how much Spring specific stuff I've heard about at the conference that I can use. I think it would be great if spring developers could do more of this type of sharing and promoting spring.

I've been using Spring since the fall of 03 and I'm surprised that spring hasn't taken off more than it has. I'm always promoting Spring to other developers. And I don't like how Spring is sometimes misunderstood. Think local user groups would help promote Spring and debunk some of the misunderstandings.

Philly got one.

http://springdeveloper.com/psug/

Thomas Risberg set it up. There were a lot (over 50) in attendence for the first meeting.

Spring Experience was a Great Experience.

Comment

Thanks,

Don't know if I'm going to follow thru with this. Still kicking the idea around.

Comment

I'd say go for it. You just need someone to do the initial presentation and get the word out. I worked with the local JUG and they announced it on their mailinglist. You could also post here on the forum or as an event on the Spring website. If you need some more pointers getting started let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and advice. Going to find a meeting site and contact New England Java User(NEJUG) after the holidays.

Comment

Contact me (rod AT interface21.com) if you're interested, and I'll see what Interface21 can do to help with some presentation materials, book/training discounts etc.

Comment

boston users group

I'm just wondernig if any progress was made toward a Boston area users group? Any activity out there?
              ... Rich

Comment

Rich,

Yes, the Boston Spring SIG (within NEJUG) will have our kickoff meeting on Thursday, September 28th!

The session will be "AspectJ for Spring Developers" and the speaker will be Ramnivas Laddad (author or "AspectJ in Action" and Interface21 Principal).

The details are here: http://www.nejug.org/2006/sep_2nd_06.jsp

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions (I live in Boston btw).

-Mark

Comment

Rod,

I mailed you last week regarding the possible startup of a Swedish user group. Since I haven't recieved any answer yet, I'm trying the forum . So... How do we go about doing this?

/Mattias Ask

Comment

I would been quite interested in the process as well. I've spoken to a few people recently who talked about setting one up.

Comment

Any Spring User Group in Brazil?

Is there any group here in Brazil? If someone can post a list...

Comment

I'm not sure how complete this is, but here you go.
                        http://www.springhub.com/component/o...,54/Itemid,22/

Comment

Dutch Spring user group

Iím just wondering if there is a Dutch Spring User Group,
                          if not perhaps interesting to setup a Dutch Spring User Group.

Comment

Spring User Group in Seattle - I'd like to start one

I'm wondering how I can go about starting a Spring user group in
                            Seattle. I'm already a member of the local SeaJUG. I've been totally obsessed with Spring since the 2006 No Fluff Just Stuff conference and have used it along with Spring LDAP at work. Spring2 has unlimited potential.

Comment

There is a Dutch Spring User group here: http://groups.google.com/group/sug-nl

Comment

Working...
                              X