Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
webServiceTemplate.marshalSendAndRecieve will not accept POJO's Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webServiceTemplate.marshalSendAndRecieve will not accept POJO's

I'm trying to build a grails application to serve as a client for SOAP based web services with spring integration and WebServiceTemplate to setup the communication. When I try to use marshalSendAndRecieve() to make a call I get the following error:

errors.GrailsExceptionResolver No signature of method: org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.marshalSendAndRecieve() is applicable for argument types: (com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.d omain.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest) values: [com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.do main.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest@66fcc070]
    Possible solutions: marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.Object), marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.Object, org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceMessa geCallback), marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceMessa geCallback)
    groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.marshalSendAndRecieve() is applicable for argument types: (com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.d omain.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest) values: [com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.do main.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest@66fcc070]
    Possible solutions: marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.Object), marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.Object, org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceMessa geCallback), marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceMessa geCallback)
    at clovradmin.ConsumerController$_closure1.doCall(Con sumerController.groovy:69)
    at clovradmin.ConsumerController$_closure1.doCall(Con sumerController.groovy)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    I'm using Grails-1.3.4 and I have a jaxb2-marshaller configured as follows in my resources.xml

Code:
    <oxm:jaxb2-marshaller id="marshaller" contextPath="com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.domain" />
    Here is the code I am trying to execute with absolutely no luck:

Code:
    def client = applicationContext.getBean("webServiceTemplate")
    def marshaller = client.getMarshaller()

marshaller.supports(com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.domain.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest) // yields true

RetrieveAllAccountsRequest request = new RetrieveAllAccountsRequest();
    request.setClovrUserId(clovrUserId);
    request.setConsumerToken(consumerToken);
    request.setFinancialInstitutionUri(financialInstitutionURI);

RetrieveAllAccountsResponse response = (RetrieveAllAccountsResponse) client.marshalSendAndRecieve(request);
    S.O.S. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Last edited by jason.burke; Jan 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM. Reason: formatting post

I have tracked this down to be a Groovy/Grails compiler issue..... when passing arguments to a method they're always handled very strictly typed, regardless of type casting or reassignment to a more generic type.

In my case the method signature is: marshalSendAndRecieve(Object obj) and I'm trying to pass a POJO (plain old java object) as the parameter. I've tried such things as:

Code:
    Object request = new RetrieveAllAcountsRequest()

client.marshalSendAndRecieve((Object) request)
    and regardless the call fails at run time. Does anyone know if and how to properly cast an object in Grails? Is this a compiler bug?
    Last edited by jason.burke; Jan 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM.

Comment

....as it turns out, there is no support for groovyc to send any object to a Java method using any kind of generic type or type casting if a specific type is expected.

Code:
      def obj = request as Object // request is stored as an object in obj

def response = (RetrieveAllAccountsResponse) client.marshalSendAndRecieve(obj)
      Because that does not work. Nor does this:

Code:
      Object obj // restricting obj so that it may only hold an object
      obj = request as Object

def response = (RetrieveAllAccountsResponse) client.marshalSendAndRecieve(obj)
      In these cases the obj is passed as intended, but is handled as whatever the original type was (RetrieveAllAccountsRequest).

I often find myself answering my own questions but if anyone has any details, insight, a work around, or general thoughts on this please share them!
      Last edited by jason.burke; Jan 19th, 2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Are you sure this isn't all down to just a simple typo? If you take a closer look at the error:

Code:
        groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: org.springframework.ws.client.core.WebServiceTempl ate.marshalSendAndRecieve() is applicable for argument types: (com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.d omain.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest) values: [com.clovrmedia.web.consumerpreferenceservice.ws.do main.RetrieveAllAccountsRequest@66fcc070]
        you'll see that the missing method is
        Code:
        marshalSendAndRecieve()
        and Groovy suggests
        Code:
        marshalSendAndReceive(java.lang.Object)
        as a possible alternative.

In other words, you have the 'i' and 'e' the wrong way round in 'Recieve'. Note that such things are not uncommon with dynamic languages, so it always pays to check Groovy's suggestions.

Hope that helps,

Peter

Comment

Peter,

Thank you for your close attention to detail, you are absolutely correct. I'm much happier knowing that my spelling is to blame rather than my programming intuition.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X