Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Exception running 1st Grails app on AWS with mysql

Hello all!

Please be gentle as I'm trying to deploy my first Grails app to the AWS via Cloud Foundry. I am posting on this forum first in case my issue is a Grails one rather than a Cloud Foundry one.

The application is really simple:, one domain class (Loan - default package) and one controller with scaffolding. I have configured it to use mysql. I tested the app locally before trying to deploy it successfully. The deployment to AWS via Cloud Foundry was successful and the welcome page displayed as expected, however, when I clicked on the controller I received the following exception. Any advice will be appreciated and my apologies if this is a well known issue.

Regards

Steve

Code Snippet:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationExce ption: Error creating bean with name 'LoanController': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to locate bridged method for bridge method 'public void LoanController.this$dist$set$2(java.lang.String,ja va.lang.Object)'

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

<snipped>

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to locate bridged method for bridge method 'public void LoanController.this$dist$set$2(java.lang.String,ja va.lang.Object)'

... 35 more

Solved!

I was right that the problem was nothing to do with Cloud Foundry or AWS. I went back to basics and actually tried testing locally using the run-war option and had the same error.

I upgraded my STS IDE to the 2.5.1 release and upgraded the Grails project to use the Grails 1.3.5 release, rebuilt the war and the error went and the application ran as expected. Then I used the Grails CloudFoundry plugin to deploy the app to AWS and it all worked!

Isn't technology wonderful when it works but a PITA when it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
    X